Restless mind: habit to complicate things

I already knew that the modern human mind is very restless, but I didn't think that this is a problem all "white" Western people. Moreover, I assumed it was more about women, but it turned out that the "European" men this feature is not less.

It is mentioned by the Ayurvedic physician after testing, they say, as all Europeans, too rapidly the brain works. And Asians (not ethnic, and the environment) this, they say, no. I was surprised. I decided to think about it then.

And then one friend told about what is familiar to the Hindus call our restless brains "white people problem" — that is a problem exclusively of white people. They say that we are crazy and instead to live simply — think and invent themselves driving into a corner. She gave an example that I really liked. I want to share with you.

Look, it's simple. Situation — you need help. For example, you go out of the store and carry a very heavy bag of potatoes. You really need help. And there is, for example, your neighbor. It would seem — ask him to help! But no!

In our brain, the war begins: to ask or not ask? What will he think of me? And if they refuse?

Awkward to load. But to drag too hard. Say, bought herself and get. But in the lecture say one should pray. Can I try? Or is it better another time?

And even if asked, the war ends. If he agreed, your brain is breaking on the topic, if he wants for it that why he agreed, maybe he views me, and what others think of the neighbors when they see it. But if he refused, that you can survive on how now eye to watch him, and that it is not so good man it seemed.

Hindus all the easier. And not only them. Need help. Help me? Yes — excellent. No good. And that's all. And no complicated structures, attempts to predict the thoughts and actions of others, evaluation of conformity and so on. It's simple.

It always surprises me in India, how simply and easily they turn, and how to contact them.

Take any other situation that could be solved easier, and you will see how restless our mind is able to make a simple thing complicated.

For example, if you like the other person. Like what he does, how he does it, how it looks and so on. What you have in mind? Should he talk about it? As appropriate and correct? And what will he think? And not proud? And do not laugh with me? And suddenly he will come up with more than he actually is? And if someone finds out that you like it? And so on. It would seem — like – just tell me. The person will be nice, and you too. But no.

In India do so. Walking on the street, and strangers telling you what a beautiful Sari, how nice you have it wrapped, what beautiful children, what a clever mother. They don't want to build with you some relationships, they just walk past and say what you feel. Said, and went on, and most likely not remember you in five meters.

And if you don't like what makes you a different person? Here's the key — "with you", we are talking about situations where people are in relation to you is working so that causes you pain or inconvenience. For example, you came on foot and are. You internally simmer and wait, when a person will Wake up the conscience, because it specifically behaves! The more, the more you are able to think about the person and about his attitude towards you. And people just do not know that there your foot. Does not know, does not feel. But you already thought of something and took offense, got angry.

And so throughout, in all our relations, the head is able to complicate things, to invent what is not, to escalate. Remember the movie where the heroine is told her beloved that they have ever a son, and then it will be a trouble? Here is a classic example. Son not even born yet. Maybe even be born daughter. Or that man is born a nobody. And she's already worried about the man yet.

Our restless mind is able to draw us something and then the same to get scared. And instead here and now we live somewhere. Not even in the past, because we see the past through the prism of his troubled mind. Not even in the future, because the mind draws us picture most of these, which will never come true (thank God!).

We live in these fantasies of his fevered restless mind.

The girl, barely acquainted with the guy, starts to be tormented by doubts, she is betrothed or not, if he likes her as well or he wants to use it, what they will have children, whether to take his last name, where they will grow old and what to call the grandchildren. It is for him mentally married already out there managed to fight and break up. And he just asked her to share a Cup of coffee.

I often think of different stories that were told girl, healed relationship with your parents. As they many years were able to talk over their grievances, and found that mom and dad anything about their suffering did not know and did not want to cause the children pain.

For example, my childhood was terribly spiky hat, which I hated. But mom told her to wear, because it is very cold outside. And my mind drew me then different scenarios about what mom especially worries me. A couple of years ago, we remembered this hat, and it turned out that the mother of my pain, knew nothing, because I didn't say anything. For her it was just a warm hat and all. We grow from childhood, we are taught – both people and habitat, and habits.

Any external signal we are trying to interpret in relation to themselves. Even though beloved by many, Freud said "sometimes a banana is just a banana".

For example, if the girl in the back heard the whistle, then often it can interpret it as an appeal to readily available to the woman, will be projected this, and as a result will be offended, will be angry, will start to blame herself for what she's wearing today. But most of all, do not whistle her, and is with other thoughts. Similarly, when you are behind someone laugh, 90% of women decide that laughing at her and frantically begin to check that nothing is forgotten if she was to wear, it's not weird if her feet and so on.

And with clothing the same strange situation. We do not carry what we like, because suddenly what others think. Wearable fashion, like at all, even if it is uncomfortable and don't like. And constantly at the mirror is measured — how it looks? What sends signals? Should I lose weight under that dress? Or conversely, to fat? If I'm not too old for those shorts?

And this kind of dress the mother of three children can wear? And suddenly people will think that I'm fat? And suddenly I was on the hem of this skirt somewhere will come? What if I met a girl in the same dress? And suddenly I will judge other moms on the Playground for showing off? What if the husband doesn't like it? It would seem — just wear what you like and feel otherwise. But no.

Is stimulus-response we have obtained a complex chain of stimulus — long throwing troubled mind — reaction — and again the anguish of the mind.

We spend too much effort trying to understand what people think about us, how we are treated.

We complicate our own lives, rather than just to live, we think so much that the life force remains.

In relationships we endlessly fighting with non-existent problems and sucking problems from the finger. We really suffer from stupidity more than karma. We valid like crazy.

How much of our life problems far-fetched! Due to the fact that we want to be as good as any ideal, do not accept their past and fear the future. We can't often understand what we want, where our desires, and strangers.

Too restless mind, nurtured by television, education and rules of behavior, lots of useless knowledge that we do not use education, for the crust, but ruffled nerves and filled your head with nonsense...

In this place we have much to learn from the Hindu or Balinese. Yes, we sometimes evaluate them as too simple and do not know of decency of the people. But they are on this subject do not worry and do not even think about what we think about them. Continue to live as you feel and be yourself. And we would have our restless brains to learn to calm down and it can bring us closer to happiness.

Ordinary cohabitation and 4 DEVASTATING things for a womanEric Berne: give yourself Permission to live by their own rules!

PS How's joke — God gave you brains to think, what dress to wear, and you and the destiny of mankind. Do not be so!

P. p. S. And please, relax your furrowed brow, under which the war began thoughts on the subject that does without a brain it is impossible to live, but they're poor, why am I here of all the fools do. Relax. The article is not about that.published

Author: Olga Valyaeva

Source: www.valyaeva.ru/samaya-bolshaya-problema-cheloveka/

Tags

See also

New and interesting