Memory is moral or why every man needs to know his ancestry

Until the twentieth century family roots man (pedigree) was considered an important determinant of his personality. A noble family of Ancient Rome hung on the walls of wax masks of their ancestors as a reminder of his legacy. In Ancient Japan, the worship of ancestors was common tradition; people are passionately guarded the scrolls stored the history of their kind. They sought to live to bring glory and honor to his family.

In the nineteenth century in Europe and the United States was made to keep in a conspicuous place a family Bible that was passed down from generation to generation; in its first pages were recorded the names of ancestors, and indicated the dates of their birth and death.

Parents and grandparents told their children and grandchildren stories about the daring deeds committed by their ancestors and worthy life of previous generations. They taught them to live so as not to tarnish their ancestry.

In hyperindividualist culture of the XXI century, focused on the present, interest in heritage and family ties faded – to the detriment of ourselves.

I used to think that genealogy is pretty boring and kind of a scary topic. So many names, dates and records...

However, just recently I decided to begin the study of the history of his family and found that the study of genealogy is a much more exciting experience than I thought. The truth is, it's addictive. Every time, achieving a certain result, I want to keep searching and to learn more about your family tree. When I'm stumped -there are no thoughts to quit — on the contrary, are driven by an overwhelming desire to follow through and emerge victorious. Moreover, the story that I collected bit by bit, nourishes my soul, I know more about the blood flowing in my veins and defining who I am.

Reason # 1 You can begin learning about their ancestry — to learn about the past is at least interesting.

Reason # 2 — the fulfillment of ethical duty to the ancestors.

You probably hardly ever wonder about the connection of memory with morality, however, is very important. And here's why:

The gratitude has no expiration date

If someone will mail You a gift that will be delivered a few days later, thank the person for what he did to You a pleasant surprise? Surely, You say, "of Course." But if the parcel will be with You in a week or a month? But if the delivery service is something messed up, and You will have to wait a whole year? Will You then be grateful to the one who sent You the gift? Most likely, even under these circumstances, Your answer will be an unequivocal "Yes".

But what if after sending a gift after ten years, and You never will be awarded? Or fifty years? Even if the person who sent You a gift, will no longer be alive, You probably still mentally thank him for the box that has overcome so many obstacles to be at Your doorstep.

The gratitude has no expiration date. The gift was meaningful to You, regardless of when it was delivered.

In Your family of the many people who encountered difficulties, suffered, but found the strength to continue to live on. Even if they were not perfect, they still did one very important thing: pass on their genes to descendants; that their blood now flows in Your veins. They gave You life and helped to become who You are at the moment.

Family tree – this is Your story

Modern culture pervades the idea that we as individuals have established themselves. However, this atomized the concept is far from the truth.What You are now is due to Your ancestry.

Most of Your views and the peculiarities of the temperament caused by genetic heredity. Dimple in the chin and a tendency to melancholy was passed down in Your family from generation to generation.

However, apart from genetics You have inherited the election that made Your ancestors. As You begin to explore your genealogy, You will immediately become clear that if any of Your ancestors decided to enter into a marriage with a particular person or to move to a certain place, then You would not be. If my grandfather left Nova Scotia and settled in the southwest USA, his son would have never been found in new Mexico and, therefore, has not met his future wife, a woman whose family lived in the state since the Spanish conquest. If this had not happened, my father would never have seen the light – and me too. Plus, if my grandfather was canadian didn't marry my grandmother whose family were Spanish explorers and native Americans, I would have never had a thick mustache a La Pancho Villa.

Knowing family history provides a deeper understanding of themselves. Understanding and value of who you are. You carefully consider your decision and evaluate their potential impact on the lives of Your offspring.

While you study his pedigree You will begin to see themselves as part of a larger story that did not begin with You and end You. In it You play the role of shaper of the future of storytelling. As the results of the studies, people who have a deep knowledge about the history of his family, feel more confident, compared to those who do not have the slightest idea about your own ancestry.

You simply will not be able to realize the visible reality in front of You, without examining their hidden roots.

The reluctance to recognize these nutritious roots – belief that You came into this world already formed personality – is a form of denial and ingratitude.

Oblivion immoral.

How then to avoid the immorality of oblivion? Like to thank those who have left a gift for You, but forever left this world?

Remember about them. Thus You will not allow them to die a second time.

Every man dies twice. The first death comes when his heart stops. The second occurs when his name is uttered for the last time.

For most people the second death comes when the last person dies with which they were intimately familiar. Now in this world no one left who knew them in life, so that the memory of them is buried in the ground with them.

However, the memory of the people whose descendants know their family tree, will never die. Their name will be known to the first person who decided to restore the family tree, as well as anyone after him will continue to preserve the sacred records.

Considered in this light, genealogy is an act of salvation. Researching your family history we can save our ancestors from the second death.

Memory is the moral. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: muz4in.net/news/pamjat_moralna_ili_pochemu_kazhdyj_muzhchina_dolzhen_znat_svoju_rodoslovnuju/2016-12-02-42469

Tags

See also

New and interesting