About the delights of reading books – quotes writers

Life is not a path, lined with yellow brick. Even though it is not to avoid obstacles and hassles. Life is a series of strips in all colors of the rainbow, and the dark bands in this spectrum did not yield bright and joyful.

To overcome the difficult moments, not having fallen into depression, someone comes together and puts things clear – who reads books.

Literature is like a gateway to countless worlds parallel to our own. This is an opportunity to live different lives, while learning to understand different people. And because all writers are themselves avid readers.

About the delights of reading books – quotes of writers.

Why are we obsessed with reading

Do you like to read in the same way as we love? Probably, Yes — that's why you're still with us. After all, reading is the easiest way to stimulate the imagination and open new worlds.

We decided to confess his love to literature and to talk about why reading books is the best kind of dependence.

Don't forget to browse through before sleep with a good book!

1. I heard that life is a good thing, but I prefer reading. © Logan Pearsall Smith

2. You think your pain and grief unprecedented in the history of the world, and then you read the book. © James Baldwin

3. Words are like x-rays if you use them properly, they'll pass through anything. When you read, you pierced. © Aldous Huxley

4. I think that TV promotes excellent education. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. © Groucho Marx

5. I don't believe in the magic referred to in my books. But I believe that something truly magical can happen when you read a good book. © J. K. Rowling

6. I think we should read only those books that bite and sting us. © Franz Kafka

7. If you want to know a person, see what he reads and how he reads. © Keri Hulme

8. The world was created for reading. © Betty Smith

9. Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. © Joseph Addison

10. The paradox of reading: it leads us away from reality, to imbue reality with meaning. © Daniel Pennac

11. Read. Read. Read. Don't read one type of books. Read different books by different authors — only this way you will be able to develop your own style. © R. L. Stine

12. Literature is the most enjoyable way to ignore life. © Fernando Pessoa

13. Reading can be dangerous. © Diana Setterfild

14. Reading is the only means by which we can slip into another skin, another's voice, another's soul. © Joyce Carol Oates

15. If someone leads you to his home, and it turns out that he had no books, for the love of God, run from him. © John Waters

16. Acquiring the habit of reading, you build for yourself a refuge from almost all miseries of life. © Somerset Maugham

17. Many people, including myself, feel better at the mere sight of the book. © Jane Smiley

18. Never trust anyone who has not brought a book. © Lemony Snicket

19. What you read will change you. © Deepak Chopra

20. Books are the plane, and train, and the road. They — direction and route. They — house. © Anna Quindlen

21. To read is how to think, to pray, to talk with each other, to Express their thoughts, to listen to the ideas of others, to enjoy music, to see beautiful landscape and take a stroll on the beach. © Roberto Bolano

22. A classic is a book that never finishes to say what she has to say. © Italo Calvino

23. I never liked to read until I realized that I could lose this ability. No one likes to breathe. © Harper Lee

24. Create your own Bible. Gather from all the reading those words and expressions which shocked and stunned you. © Ralph Emerson

25. Once you've learned to read, you will forever be free. © Frederick Douglass

26. Joint reading aloud binds people stronger than the joint payoff of the loan. © Janusz Wisniewski

27. Books are a unique portable magic. © Stephen King

28. The world no Cup of tea large enough and a book long enough to suit me. © Clive Staples Lewis

29. Sometimes, after reading the book, you're filled with a weird Evangelical zeal — you would think that a shattered world does not gather the fragments until then, until all who do not read this book, too. © John Green

30. I have consistently loved books that I read while lying in bed during illness. © Tracy Chevalier

Also interesting: 10 books that capture from the first sentence

5 books on existentialism, which will help to look at life differently

31. A reader lives a thousand lives before I die. The one who never reads only one. © George RR Martin

32. We read to know that we are not alone. © William Nicholson

33. The book is designed for people who would like to be in a different place. © Mark TWAIN

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.artofcare.ru/self/self2/33-tsitatyi-o-tom-zachem-chitat-knigi-i-schitat-ih-svoimi-druzyami.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting