Amazing ancient cave in France

The cave house now known as Chez Hélène-Amboise Troglodyte, is situated in the Loire Valley in Central France, was once purchased for only 1 Euro. The house is located near the town of Amboise, where Leonardo Da Vinci. Cave houses in this area are not uncommon due to the fact that mining here since the 11th century and for all time, has formed many caves. However, due to the absence in them of facilities, most of these houses were abandoned early in the last century. But now these homes are becoming popular again due to the fact that you can buy them cheaply.

Alexis Lamoureux (Lamoureux Alexis) was one of the young men propavshih house in the cave. When he was 23, he lost his job at a bar in the town nearby and was forced to return to Amboise, where he grew up, in search of other work and home for himself and his girlfriend Lotte van Riel (Lotte van Riel).

Alexis heard about the cave house, which once belonged to his great-aunt and decided to look at it. The place was left unattended for 25 years. The house was crude, filled with trash. There was no electricity, no water, no sanitation. For Alexis it was just a dream, because he could build the way I wanted. He went to state authorities, which are responsible for the abandoned home and found this house you could buy at auction next week. He suggested that the amount of EUR 1 and the Agency has accepted this proposal. "I said I was single and what I have to do a lot of work," he says, "I knew that they would not sell and that they didn't want to spend so much money on this place, they just wanted to get rid of him."

It was necessary to make the cave not only residential, but also sustainable. Alexis made a business plan and went to 10 different banks to get a loan for 25000 euros, but all the banks refused him. Not ispugavshis he and his girlfriend spent the next three years working diligently in the restaurant of his father. In order to start work, they first had to install an 11-meter stand inside the cave to provide stability. And here then began the hard labor.

"There was no water, no sewer, nothing at all," says Lamoureux now, when he was already 27 years old. "Me and my girlfriend have dug ditches for us to have water, electricity and Sewerage, and then we arranged everything inside. Now we have two bedrooms with two bathrooms and one kitchen and we have only recently emerged, and the Internet. Everything in modern houses now."

Currently Alexis and Lotte, this place is not just housing, but it is also a source of income. Buying the cave for 1 Euro and spending a total of € 35,000 for repairs, they deliberately built a separate second room to pass her. Book her now through Airbnb for about 50 euros per night. The package also included Breakfast and lunch and dinner can be provided by arrangement. The house also has its own page on Facebook.

"So we hope to earn through their home." says Lamour, adding that currently he has set his sights on other empty caves in the area for the construction of such dwellings.

Source: thinkgreen.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting