Generation Selfie

Eight million nine hundred sixty nine thousand six hundred eighty three

Open instagram, I see their posts, I see countless of my own. In different places, at different times, in different clothing — same person. It's mine...sort of.I looked in the mirror...really, my face. It looks to others. A little weird, but somehow nice...I like happy here...

Why are we all now so need those gigabytes of private individuals?The word Selfie in 2013, has become so popular that it was included in the Oxford English dictionary. Officially. When word comes that popularity, Babbitt says about fashion. Psychiatrists say about the disease. A therapist will talk about the symptom.

The symptom is a compromise between the desirable and the possible. A compromise is achieved, taking pictures of themselves? The picture is our reflection. The first reflection we find in the mirror at the age of 6 months. From 6 to 18 months, peering into her own reflection, we are trying to recreate the perfect image that you see in the mirror. The child dies, he sees himself more free, arms and legs are not shaking, the mother's smiling image in the mirror, she likes us there. And this image is imprinted in our minds forever. We always strive and never achieve because it is only a reflection.

The same thing is now all done with cameras on phones. We make faces, we choose the most successful, in our opinion, the perspective and make the. Captured perfect forever, and then another and another. As if trying to make sure that this ideal image, ideal image — this is who I am.

Selfies as a symptom is an attempt by the youth to successfully pass over the early stage of growing up, re-fill yourself with a sense, re-construct your body in the reflection. This attempt is doomed to failure in advance, because the loving gaze does not replace the camera, likes and reposts. Love can only be received by giving. And to give modern man practically nothing. The emptiness inside.

When I was looking for material for this article, stumbled upon some tabloids with tips to make your selfie more interesting... We give ourselves the reflection, the imaginary online world where we live a beautiful life our selfie — the Golem, and online magazines give our ghosts tips, what better to do with their owners — slaves to self, look more attractive...for whom??? published

Author: Angelica Seraphim

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: psyfactor.org/lib/selfie.htm

Tags

See also

New and interesting