Molucella or Irish bluebells in Your garden

When I first saw this plant, was struck by the unusual appearance of colors. At first it seemed that such a rich green color petals, then, looking closer, I realized that it is the bracts (or sepals?). They give molucella striking and mysterious look. The flowers themselves are small, almost unnoticeable, hidden in the deep green gramatnica.

Capturing a flower in all sorts of angles, hurried home, it was interesting to learn all about it from the name to the ways of reproduction. What kind of plant is to determine get the right – molucella smooth (Moluccella laevis), and then I was disappointed. The impression that this mysterious plant was written one single article, and then others copied it together. I will not repeat this feat, it is better write, what did you learn from gardeners who grow it in our village. Recognize that common plant molucella will not name, I saw her only one bed. Which is quite strange, because this unpretentious flower, complex care is not required, and the appearance flower attached the original.

In our climate the seeds are sown directly into open ground in late April – early may. Seedlings thinned out, as necessary, weed and water. The copy in the photo did not receive any fertilizer, however, increased by almost 1 m, and the oppressed, not looks. Although in poor soils top dressing probably will need.
Now for reproduction. On Stanichno the bed of molucella only grows until, until starting to turn lower gramophonic. Then she cut off the roots and discarded. The birth of this (and another 2 plants) is possible in two ways. Or there is self-seeding and the seeds overwinter in the soil, or the roots survived the winter and the spring gave new shoots – this year molucella definitely did not sow! According to information from the web, both of these techniques are impossible, but the reality proves the opposite.
Lately florists drew attention to the Irish bells (as also called molucella) started to use in fresh flower arrangements, dry bouquets.

It is considered that this flower brings happiness, so he often appears in wedding bouquets bride. I still haven't planted, so for authenticity signs can not answer. But to decorate the flower garden molucella. But to admire the beautiful flowers this is happiness, right? published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.7dach.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting