Michael Shrieve: How I earned my first million

If there is a universal recipe for earning a million dollars, then this is another way to get your money, says Michael Shreve, author of 36 books and founder of chocolates, Agency for management of reputational risk, the business of selling t-shirts, Agency, Internet advertising, and much more. Rusbase publishes the story of 29-year-old businessman, who knows that the way to a million — it's not easy.

It took me 15 months to earn your first million. Forget. Actually it was not so.

It took six years. Had to make half a million, and then completely losing it (and only it). Twice I was on the street and every summer was suffering from "frustrated, bordering on suicide."

Forget. Actually it was not so.

It took me 29 years to earn your $1000000. Whole life.

As much as I wanted to give you a step by step instruction on how to make first million dollars. I can't. I have no doubt that there are enough greedy/unscrupulous people willing to take your money in exchange for a blueprint on "How to earn $1 000 000". Also, my road to one million obviously you would not like.

He turned out to be quite difficult.

How to make $ 1000000: Hardcore methodStep # 1 Try all If you were like me and did not know how to make decisions, this method will not work. Try something different and let the results decide for you.

Even if you fork out for marketing research, it will not tell you anything important. In order to make effective business decisions, should be guided by reliable data. You can buy them (thousands of dollars) or to conduct active research on their own. Acting.

The latter is much more effective (and cheaper).

"Whether the title to attract people to my landing page?"

Run traffic to it and find out.

"Whether I have written the book to sell well?"

Publish, release to market and view.

"Whether it will attract blog post customers my dreams? Read it if anyone?"

Check and find out.

I opened the chocolate company, SEO firm with the system of pay-for-performance Agency for the management of reputational risk, a company in the information marketing business selling t-shirts, full-scale Agency, Internet advertising, health blog, copywriting Agency, created a seven fictional literary pseudonyms and one nonfictional.

From all of the above never fired anything other than the three projects (I'm also going to throw).

I've written 36 books, hired and fired 47 employees, made and lost, and again made a fortune, and so twice. I collected and then cut, again collected and reduce staff in the same company at least five times in the past year.

I've run ads on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, bought advertising messages, wrote content, dabbled in SEO, and so on and so forth.

I can't wait until will be solved. I just do.

If I have an idea for a book, I'm not thinking about writing, I write it.

If you are still reading this article means you have in mind wander with ideas that need to be implemented. We need to check all in action. To obtain reliable data. Stop to entertain the idea that you can predict the future. You can't. Instead, pereproshit all possible options.

Step # 2. Stop whining and start working for people to Do what you love — the worst way to make $1000000.

Despite the well-worn stamp that "the rich guys always cold-blooded and calculating", self — obsession, the main obstacle on the way to the first million dollars. "But I love my job!" is a lame argument, that money floated in your hands. Nobody cares for what you love. How much would you titili.

People care only what you do for them.

This does not mean that all men are bastards (and they are). This means that they are just like you, focus on yourself. Their own world for them is paramount. Use this knowledge to their advantage. Invent for others. Do for others. Work for the people.

Want to $126, 458, 95 per month for work as a writer?

Then stop scribbling books for yourself, start to write books for their audience.

Your Bank account directly reflects the benefits that you bring people on the market. In General terms, and at the level of each individual. But it is not so easy...

I hate to write. As a child I promised myself that never, under any circumstances, don't work, never sitting at the table. Today I spend 12-14 hours a day sitting in a room with no Windows and typing in front of a monitor. However, as a writer I benefit people. I'm hardly reached in writing such heights, that I got paid for it.

But... to Serve the people — not easy. For the most part, they are all ungrateful, negative curmudgeon. They constantly demand more. You have to work for hours so they were happy. You will not always get pleasure from it. Sometimes you have to work for the idea. Go through this stage. I passed.

If you think that creating something for an audience, not for himself, but the people from despair... then don't complain that your product nobody buys (something is wrong with your ideas about art)

Find a suitable way to serve people. Do not whine, do. Will have to wait a long time until, until you will get paid.

Can look myself in different spheres. I looked it up. It turned out that I just can't make the alignment of business relations. I hate cold calls needed to reach customers when they are offline. I can't sleep if forced to sell information about the product.

Maybe you'll do something good. The idea is to find something you can be useful for people to do it. Even if you have a hard time.

Step # 3. Ask yourself the bar don't give up. Never. Choose something and not quit until you complete it to the end.

This is my second post on Medium. First collected zero hits. I will write on Medium until then, until I get 1000000 hits. Guided by the principle not "if you don't get the" and principle "until."

How much time will be spent on this?

Who knows.

What if this happens?

What if there is? To reach the milestone of one million views — it's a win. The true goal is mastery.

Even if I can't do it now, you get in the future. That's the idea.

True story: itself $1000000 void

First you start fighting the state and take away half the money. Your accountants, lawyers, financial managers, too, will get part of the earned. Have a loan? Immediately extinguish all debts, otherwise they will eat most of your budget.

Suppose you are lucky and you are left with $ 400 thousand million. Not very many turns.

I'm 29. I can't quit c 400 thousands of dollars in your pocket. I still had to work hard. A million dollars does not buy me freedom. If I want to buy a second home, the c $400000 will not go far, especially in Portland. Especially with the kids.

Depressing...if you only care about the money, not me. The million dollars is just a number. A tangible way to measure success.

No matter whether you are earning in total over $1,000,000. That's not the point. When you set a bar, we will see two versions of events:

A. You reach those indicators that are currently installed. Achieve your goal and receive additional benefits.

Or

B. You die, and not breaking the line. The goal is not achieved, but you receive a consolation prize in the form of additional bonuses.

There is an alternative to this:

You give up too early. Not achieve the goal, missing a long list of additional bonuses that are waiting for you on the way.

What else is left? To play video games?

Step # 4. Do not follow this advice Is the most important step. Never mind everything you just read and form your strategy. You will have to do it, if you want a million dollars.

There is no unique recipe, instructions, "How to make a million", maps of hidden treasure. One hundred people out who read this article will try to earn it, and maybe one of them will succeed. Possible. But very few people succeed this wealth to hold.

Plain oskomenko saying that "the main thing — not victory, and participation" actually works.

Take a chance and win $1000000. You have that right. Just be prepared for the fact that on the way to a million happens to you a lot of nice things. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook and in Vkontakte, and we're Classmates

Source: rusbase.com/story/million/

Tags

See also

New and interesting