Michael Fassbender

This post I would like to dedicate one of my favorite actors, I, to my shame, a late notice, but better late than never. Michael Fassbender began his career 10 years ago, but really received well-deserved recognition of his talent recently. This year, we have seen him in the role of young Magneto in "X-Men. New Generation ", which can be considered its" breakthrough "in the popular movie, and yesterday he received the prize for best actor at the Venice Film Festival for his work in the film" Shame ". I bring to your attention the story of Michael Fassbender, clearly demonstrates that, without seeking a favorite way to get on the Hollywood Hills, and by staying true to himself and his craft, and with patience, too, can reach heights.

Michael was born on April 2, 1977 in a family of German and Irish. The first 2 years of his life he spent in Germany (and still speaks good German), and then his family moved to Ireland, where his father opened a restaurant and there was a chef. Later he successfully finished acting school Drama Centre London, whose alumni are also Tom Hardy, Paul Bettany and Russell Brand.

The first major project of Michael, after several appearances in the British series, in 2001, became a mini-series dedicated to the Second World War - "Band of Brothers," produced by the American channel HBO. His producer and inspirer were Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks, who had already worked together in "Saving Private Ryan." The series won six Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe, and is still considered one of the best in its genre. In the "Band of Brothers" Michael demonstrates the wonderful American accent.

Michael continued his work in television films and series, from which we can mention the "witches" in 2004. In this series, consisting of two seasons, he played the leader of the fallen angels, Azazel. I have not watched this show, but he was shot for teens and it seems to me somewhat darker version of "Charmed."

In 2007, he starred in "Angel", the fate of the writer, ardent in love. Michael plays her husband. The prototype of the main character of the film is a British novelist Marie Corelli. The premiere of "Angel" was held at the Berlin Film Festival.

The first mainstream American Michael widescreen debut in the same year was the film "300", which we all remember well. In it, he played Steliosa. To be honest, although it is possible to blame the fact that I was watching a movie on a pirate DVD of terrible quality, in addition to Gerard Butler was quite difficult to somehow tell them apart his men :) However, the American film makers Michael still remembered for his steel invite projects one after the other.

In 2008, Michael starred in the most serious role for himself in the directorial debut of British artist Steve McQueen's "Hunger" about the events of 1981 Irish hunger strike. Fassbender played Bobby Sands, a member of the Irish Republican Army, who began a hunger strike. McQueen received the prestigious Caméra d'Or prize at the Cannes Film Festival, awarded directors debutants, and Michael for his role was British Independent Film Award.

For this film, he sat on a rigid diet and ten-week break in the filming consumed only 600 calories per day in the form of berries, nuts and canned sardines, plus a lot of walking and doing yoga. In the end, Michael weighed 58 kg with his height of 183 cm, and by coincidence it is weighed as Bobby Sands, when he made the last entry in his diary. Enclosed are not the most terrible shots from the film.

Having been horror "Eden Lake" and "Blood Creek" which I can not say, because it's not my genre. Personally, I really liked Michael's next project - "Aquarium" (orig.- Fish Tank), the relationship of 15-year-old girl with her new boyfriend negligent mother.

That same year, Michael appeared as Lt. Archie Hickox in "Inglourious Basterds" by Quentin Tarantino.

Last year, it can be seen in the "Centurion" with Olga Kurylenko.

And in "John Hex" with Megan Fox, Josh Brolin and John Malkovich. The film won the hideous reviews and earned only 10 million with a budget of 47. I think that trash is not worth watching, well, except that only because of the outfit Megan Fox.

This year saw the release of "X-Men: First Class", in which I, in fact, saw Michael in the first, apart from "Inglorious Bastards," which I somehow did not pay particular attention to it. Michael has played the young Magneto in the film adaptation of the legendary comics Marvel. Restarting the series was more than successful, and Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy have received very positive feedback on their work and led to the appearance of an entire army of his fans on-screen couple. The actors are friends in real life, and for the first time worked together in "Band of Brothers».

Now in cinemas is another film adaptation of the famous novel "Jane Eyre" with Michael Fassbender as Rochester and Mia Wasikowska as Jane. The film was shot very nice and pleasant and those who read and those who have not read the novel.

And now the Venice Film Festival and the future. Michael came to the festival with two films - "A Dangerous Method" and "Shame." In the first, he played the legendary psychiatrist Carl Jung. David Cronenberg has not received any awards, but it is already tipped for an Oscar nomination. In Russia, it will be released November 17.

Michael at the premiere with Keira Knightley, Viggo Mortensen and Vincent Cassel.

"Ctyd" - this is the second work of director Steve McQueen, who has removed "Hunger." Again he invited the lead role of Michael, as he believes, more than any other actor. The film is dedicated not too discussed the problem of sexual addiction. It is the free man today concluded at the same time in the prison of his body. The rights to the film have not yet bought any one distributor, but I think the situation will change. As for the Oscars - the film with a rating of "Children under 17," there will be difficult, but see how everything goes.

The only trailer available to the general public.

Michael receives the award for best actor Festival.

Further interesting facts.

1. Michael attributed the affair with Zoe Kravitz, a colleague of "X-Men". But as the pictures gave rise to gossip, appeared just at the same time with the release of the film, and since then it's nothing more was heard, I was inclined to think that it was still intentionally or unintentionally PR stunt.

However, the actors were again seen together at the Toronto Film Festival on September 12.

2. In 2010, the ex-girlfriend of Michael Andrews Sanavin asked the authorities to issue a restraining order prohibiting Michael walks up to her and her children closer than 100 meters plus demanded 15 thousand euro to cover the medical bills.

She reported that being drunk Michael pushed her on some piece of furniture that turned out for her broken nose, and in addition, during one of the fights, dragged her behind his car because of what she injured her ankle and kneecap. The strange thing is that the woman waited six months after the incident. In particular, a statement addressed only after the premiere of "Inglorious Bastards", made famous by Michael. In defense of Michael he spoke of his father, saying that this can not be, and Michael - one of the most kind and polite people you will ever meet. The story ended quietly and quickly. According to some sources, the girl herself took the statement, while others - Michael has provided evidence that the specified date of the girl did not have in their home. It is possible that I have the whole story entirely invented.

3. In a speech there, Michael parasite «sort of», which can be translated as "how-to", he inserts the word here and there, in an interview.

4. On the set of "X-Men", they had fun with James that drove by the site on golf carts. One day, all resulted in a serious accident - a collision with a parked car at full speed. For the golf cart is 12-13 km / h :). The actors had to pay for the damage, but both happily remember it as the craziest event in their lives.

In conclusion I want to say that, like Steve McQueen, I think Michael's one of the most compelling actors today, and I wish him the same rich in interesting projects of the future.

Tags

See also

New and interesting