Dean Karnazes: the man who can move forever

Most runners have to stop when they reach their lactate threshold, but Dean Karnazes muscles do not get tired, they can work for three days and nights without stopping. What's his secret?

Every athlete has a limit. From a scientific point of view, this limit is determined by the anaerobic threshold of the body (lactate threshold). Remember that burning feeling when your heart beats, your lungs ache and you're gasping for air and your muscles feel very tired, and the body just shuts down. But on Earth, there is at least one person whose physiological abilities defy the laws of nature. Dean Karnazes — ultramarafon runner from California, USA, and, at times, it seems like he can run forever.

As he says: "no matter how much I loaded myself, my muscles never is cramping. This is very good news if you plan to hike to the other side of the continent".

When you exercise, your body for energy breaks down glucose producing lactate as a byproduct and an additional source of fuel, which can also be converted back into energy. However, if you exceed the lactate threshold, your body is not able to convert it as fast as it is produced, which leads to the accumulation of acidity in your muscles. It is created by nature and evolution way to tell you when to stop work for everyone, but Karnezis does not hear these signals.

"Honestly, in the end, I just feel sleepy. I once ran three nights without sleep, and physically I felt fine but on the third day I realized that I'm getting a kind of psychosis and I started to see hallucinations. In fact, I've experienced bouts of "sleep mode" of my body when I fell asleep while driving."

Karnazes first realized that biologically different from the average person in preparation for a 50-day marathon in 2006. All participants were required to undergo a medical examination. First, all participants had to pass a test on aerobic capacity. The results Carnatica the doctors saw something special. Then they test for the lactate threshold. During the test it was required to perform physical exercise and professional athletes aged no more than 15 minutes. But in the case of Dean, the doctors stopped the test at 60 minutes and said that anything they had ever seen.

Aerobic capacity is a measure of performance of the cardiovascular system. In the physiological threshold processing lactate rested some athletes can not develop further.

The human body is purified from lactate through a series of chemical reactions. These reactions transform lactate back to glucose, and again amplified by specific enzymes. In this case, the reaction efficiency depends on the efficiency of human mitochondria. Years of training can enhance your mitochondria, and thus you can improve the anaerobic threshold of the body.

Karnazes fell in love with running at an early age, and in high school he began to show amazing stamina, which greatly exceeded the performance of its peers. On one charity race, while other runners were able to run only 15 laps, Karnazes completed 105.

See also:

Maria Kolosova: If you do only what is comfortable, you only get what you already have

Good George Bernard wean you from whining and laziness

After 15 years of training, Dean turned himself into a machine that never gets tired. However, a genetic mutation makes itself known. Karnazes believes that for their abilities, he pays a low rate of sweating and low body fat so that he is forced to sit in highly alkaline diet and to eat foods with the lowest content of toxins. Genetics can give people advantages, but still find a way to make his life miserable.published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: muz4in.net/news/din_karnasis_chelovek_kotoryj_mozhet_dvigatsja_vechno/2016-05-17-41058

Tags

See also

New and interesting