Diets work. Just a SHORT time!

Remember, this was a super popular movie-dystopia "the Matrix"? And the Internet after his release there was terribly funny parody, e the film's protagonist, Neo, is necessary and not necessary — shouted, "I know kung fu and can fly!".

Was the hero of "the Matrix" magician? Yes, of course. Strictly speaking, any secret knowledge, leading to amazing changes, there is magic. In this sense, the diet and dietary behavior — is a variant of modern magic.

Often the first phase of success entails increasing (and not always adequate) self-esteem, a sense of belonging to a secret knowledge, the contempt and hatred of "fat", for those who could not as I was to learn kung fu and learn to fly. No, I'm not saying this happens — but it happens.

And in my opinion, this is directly related to short but intoxicating feeling of magical control over their bodies and over their lives. It is this phenomenon which forms the basis of promises given by any dietary concept — in our diet you will definitely feel better. Yes, that's right — you will feel it is necessary. Just for a little while.

I would argue that a huge number of people suffering from eating disorders, suffer from excessive and weak on control. The most common combination is already described "prizery", which have developed and excessive control.

It's always busy and mothers of families, razrulivaniya school children, clubs and family-outs, that have made a successful career people, "burning" at work. The burden of control is so tedious and unbearable that I essential an area where there is no control. It is the food. In relation to food in periods of "zagorow" I let go and then off for the rest of the time, are exempted, the rest. In diet period I, on the contrary, get pleasure from the restored order and control. Profit is, in any case.

Control — a product of great inner anxiety, anxiety, in turn, is based on the feeling of the absence of the right to a mistake. All this we discussed in the post about the personal characteristics ireedui. Here I only mention it to show how important these fundamental personality traits peredumala, and that herein lies the key to healing.

In order to defeat an eating disorder, you must take responsibility for their own bodies and food. And here I say strange: responsibility has nothing to do with control. Taking responsibility, I'm not trying to necessarily predict the desired result — I'm just looking forward to its arrival, knowing that will deal with the consequences.

Taking responsibility, I'm not afraid to experiment, try new things, make mistakes — the responsibility is still on me, it gives me complete freedom of action. Taking responsibility, I believe in your power and trust yourself. Including your body.

Control — just one of the ways to shirk responsibility. The "controller" shifts the responsibility on others — doctors, British scientists have established.., nutritionists and constantly looking for someone who knows better what I need, my health, my body.

For the first time in medicine, the weight gain began in late XIX century In this period the insurance company began a search for factors that affect life expectancy — of course, in order to reduce costs.

For identified risk groups was planned to increase the insurance payout, or even refuse to provide health insurance (talking about America). Weight can easily measure and calculate — no surprise that researchers turned to him. Thus appeared the first "charts" table of standards weight — it happened in 1897.

The weight that was recognized factor increasing the risk of mortality was 20-30% above average. The number of people in the population, fall into these standards, was very small. To be overweight was not considered in itself as a medical problem.

In 40-ies of XX century a member of one of the insurance companies Louis Dublin has developed an "ideal weight table", which played a huge role in the formation of the belief that symmetry equals health, fat identical disease.

His study claimed a statistical link between increased risk of mortality and increased weight. However, there were huge problems with the design and format of the study. The sample who took part in it were not representative to the population.

The people who took part in the study were white and above average income, Northern European descent, anthropomorphically tall, slender and blond. The sample consisted mainly. of the men who could afford to buy their own private insurance.

Those who received insurance from an employer, was not involved in the study. However, the results were extrapolated to women and immigrants of other ethnic groups. Many of the study participants underestimated their own weight in the polls, which means that those who actually suffered from excess weight, fell into the group norms.

And most importantly — the actual weight measurement occurred once throughout the study. ONCE. No repeated measurements during the life does not. The fact that any person has a tendency to weight gain throughout life, simply was not taken into account. In the end, tables of ideal weight for all adults — men and women from 20 to 65 were developed based on data collected on men aged 20 to 30 years.

Dublin marked the weight by 10% larger than the average, as "overweight", and 20-30% as obese. Flick of the wrist Dublin has classified people of average weight as having weight, and people with more weight as obese — a serious disease. Dublin has built his career by telling Americans that the high mortality risk associated with excess weight and to be thin means to be healthy. It was here that originated the myth that to be thin is to be healthy.

Family doctors who treated the population has learned the assertion that weight gain throughout life is associated with overeating. This belief has led to the fact that diet and dietary behavior flourished as the main method of dealing with public health enemy number one — obesity.

What we have in the end? A belief rooted in the minds of all of us full so unhealthy, and the decision of the diet.

To this day, meeting various European and American dietetic Association are based on the "diet mentality" and concerns consumption of calories. A simple figure — BMI — was to determine, healthy or not. It doesn't account for that "healthy" winner of a BMI of 25 drinks, for example, six cups of coffee per day, eats at McDonald's and a sedentary life.

Where should a woman who, from the point of view of the tables ideal weight, overweight, but daily actively moving, and in her diet lots of fresh fruits and vegetables?

Where to put the woman ideal from the point of view of the charts of weight, who lives in starvation mode and starts the day with two handfuls of diet pills, in order to keep the weight that is too low?

Subsequent studies have shown that high risk of mortality is associated not only with excess weight. Actually, the mortality curve has the shape of a fork. A Finnish study, which involved women from 25 to 64 years, showed that the thin and the thickest part of the sample (approximately one fifth in each case) are most at risk.

In a canadian study it was found that those at greatest risk are men underweight (BMI less than 20), and the lowest risk group with a BMI from 25 to 30, i.e. those who, from our point of view, suffers from excess weight. In this study, men who were obese, showed lower risk of mortality than men with the lack of weight. In a study conducted in Italy, the lowest risk of mortality showed that women with a BMI of 32 and men with a BMI of 29.

The Norwegian study, which covered 1.8 million people and lasted for 10 years, showed that the greatest risk of mortality have men with a BMI less than 18. Women with a BMI higher than 40 is severe obesity had lower mortality risk than women with underweight.

It seems that the belief, accepted in the XIX century, when health was associated with people "in the body", is confirmed by more modern research.

See also: Relationship of internal organs and psychosomatic diseases

The balance of insulin: methods of correction

That is the statistics. However, I do know that, as well as smokers solve the problem of cognitive dissonance that devalue information about the dangers of Smoking, losing weight, especially women, especially in the former Soviet Union, I say mentally — I'd rather be in the group lean with increased risk of mortality group than in the thick of centenarians. Right?

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: svetlyachok.livejournal.com/584886.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting