Perfect homemade sourdough bread

No matter from which flour do so-called "starter": wheat, whole, rye... And no matter what kind of leaven to bake bread from rye — wheat, or Vice versa. So don't bother making different starters, one is more than enough.

However, there is a nuance: it is easier to raise a proper culture of rye flour: it remains the most beneficial microorganisms and bacteria. In refined wheat are almost there, so the yeast to grow out of it very difficult: it constantly straying to the pathogenic flora. Have to throw away.

In short, if briefly, the recipe is as follows:

Eternal leaven

1 day

100 g flour and 100 g of water (maybe less)

Thoroughly stir. Should get a paste-like mass, like a thick sour cream market.

Cover with a damp towel and set in a warm, draft-free place (I put in a locker, he is back wall — battery. Builders — you bastards! — podsuropili. Keep nothing — and the dough is allowed to stand for!)

To ferment the starter needs a day or so. Before the advent of small, albeit rare, but bubbles. There is a sense sometimes to stir it.

Day 2

Now the yeast to feed. To do this, again fill up 100 g of flour and add water to the consistency went back to the original state of market cream. Cover with a towel and another day set in warm.

Day 3

As a rule, now the questions arise: on the surface of the leaven is not just the bubbles: it's growing in size and consists entirely of the foam caps. Feed her one last time. And again in the heat. Here is a very important point: the starter is strong enough and we need to catch the moment when she will be on "top form": i.e. it should double. At this point, it is the strongest possible. Divide it in half.

The first half is our eternal leaven. Put it in a jar with a plastic lid with holes in it (to breathe) and put in the fridge until next time.

And the other half go into action....

My first bad yeast raised dough. The proofing took me almost 12 hours. And the taste of the dough was sour. But already after about a month of regular use kisloty was gone, and the bread rises for 3-4 hours, depending on the temperature in the kitchen. Out of this ferment is obtained not only bread, but cakes, sweet pastries and pancakes.

And here is my recipe wheat bran bread:

You'll need

• Eternal leaven – 9 table. spoons.
  • The flour – 500 gr.
  • Bran – 4 tablespoons with a slide.
  • Sunflower oil – 2 table. spoon.
  • Stone salt – 2 teaspoons.
  • Sugar – 2 tablespoons.
  • Water – 250 gr.
Note: the exact amounts of the ingredients, here slight deviations are possible. For example, the exact weight of flour to the gram, it is difficult to calculate because it changes susisiekti by many factors. And not everyone has scales. I, for example, no, I use a measuring Cup, which contains the measurements for flour. With the starter even more difficult, because I do it always turns out a different consistency, sometimes liquid, sometimes quite steep, as the batter, so spoon I do not believe, and impose on the eyes. Salt and sugar, if you are not using a special measuring spoons that are attached to the bread maker, and ordinary tablespoons, should be taken under the knife. Ie, pour a full spoon, maybe with a slide, and then hold the knife along the edges of the spoon to cut the "hill".

In the evening I pull from the fridge a jar of yeast, fill out 3-4 spoons (with great slide) wheat flour, pour water and mix the flour, water and old starter with a wooden spoon (I read somewhere that the yeast need to interfere only with a wooden spoon, don't know if it's true for me at first and just a spoon is good to interfere, but the wood – it stick longer).

Since I bake bread almost every day, but the yeast needs some time to "rest" in the refrigerator (after this vacation it usually rises faster), I opened 2 jars of sourdough that I use in turn. At first I kept the yeast in a half-liter jar, and fed it in the bowl, but then I tired to wash the dishes from the starter, and now I keep and feed yeast in the same two-liter jar.

"Feed" the sourdough experts advise at a temperature of 27-30 degrees. I once found such a place (the first starter I ever put on the heater, where it is cooked). Now for this case adapted a nursery for chickens (bought in kit incubator, we still did not use) that are on the refrigerator.Published

Put LIKES and share with your FRIENDS!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCXd71u0w04qcwk32c8kY2BA/videos

Subscribe -https://www.facebook.com//

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.xn--e1aggfjf7e.com/hleb.htm

Tags

See also

New and interesting