"Invisible" women

Recently, one company that produces cosmetics for Mature women, conducted a survey and found that after 50 they start to feel "invisible"when they walk into a room, men no longer pay attention to them.

The result — depression, answered two-thirds of respondents. Another half said that because of this, they lost confidence. They blame the gray hair, the need to wear glasses and the absence of a suitable size stylish clothing in stores.

Wow, what nonsense. If you to feel the confidence you need to get after the road workers whistled, your problem is not the age but something else.

I am a fervent supporter of the anti-aging movement. Aging is part of life, and it should be taken with all its attributes (as my husband says, "what's your alternative?").

I want to feel healthy and full of energy, I want my work to be appreciated. If I walk into a room and I "do not notice", I, most likely, she won't notice.

I say this from the perspective of the senior member of the editorial staff at Huffington Post: I'm 64, most of my colleagues are younger than me by about 40 years. They not only see and notice — they're working with me, send me messages, ask advice, come to visit me. My gray hair that does not interfere with.

My view was shared by the actress Cameron Diaz who is also growing old and also feels invisible. Recently, discussing with Oprah his bestseller called "the Book of the body" (The Body Book), Diaz said, "I Hate it when the ad said "anti-aging", as if we are guilty that are unable to remain forever twenty-five. Sorry, did not work. Are unable to defeat the laws of nature."

At every stage of my life all sorts of people, wanting to please me, said you look younger than your age. When I say that I look younger than my age, it's not a compliment, disguised slap in the face.

In fact they mean, what to look for 64 — bad. We live in a culture where beauty is still associated solely with youth.

The stub for your future

Time selectivity

Is a 64-year-old woman can't be beautiful? Perhaps her inner world becomes poorer, if it looks like a 64, did her words and deeds are less? I think we should change the way of thinking. What do you think? published

Ann Brenoff, The Huffington Post

Author: Ksenia Chermenteeva

Source: theageofhappiness.com/posts/nevidimye-zhenshchiny/bchg7j97f86

Tags

See also

New and interesting