"We are defeating the enemy": Soviet veterans then and now

This article is devoted to review a true hero! Let us honor and remember their feat!

On the 70th anniversary of the victory over fascism and the agency Reuters I made a special gallery devoted to Soviet veterans. It faces of young men, as they were during the war. It faces the characters as they are now - much older than the Victory, but all the same the young at heart

. Each represents one of the 15 republics of the USSR. (For the sake of history, we note that from 1940 to 1956 was still the 16th Republic - Karelian-Finnish). We decided to add gallery of vivid memories of these extraordinary people. So, before you face and voice Winners.

Allahverdi Aliyev. 102 years. Azerbaijan front in 1941, went to the institute's Bench. After a short training course became a machine gunner. Frees Crimea, he participated in the battles for the city of many Soviet and Eastern European countries. I learned about the long-awaited victory, as he lay in a hospital in Warsaw.

Until now, hardly holding back tears, remembering how the commander Alexander Popov company died, "He locked me himself and died in my arms. The battle lasted under heavy machine-gun fire. Our company has risen to the attack. Then we

defeated enemy. "

George Gozalishvili. 88 years. GruziyaSluzhil infantry from April 1944 to April 1946. The end of the war met in Germany.

Abla Begaliyev. '91. KirgiziyaS April 1942 to 1949 he served in the 47th Red Banner twice Turkestan border detachment of the Border District. He fought on the Ukrainian front, and at the end of the war was transferred to the Afghan border.

Fricis Tseplis. 98 years. LatviyaSluzhil Soviet infantry from March 1942 to May 1945. Victory met in his native country.

Nikolai Mazanik. 92 years old. BelorussiyaProshedshy the war commander of the rifle platoon participated with his soldiers in the shooting of the legendary Newsreel 1944: the newly liberated Minsk throw a swastika with the Government House. It was one of the few surviving buildings in the city.

«Houses whole was not. On the square itself was the home government. A left and right - the total devastation. Something else steamed. The population was not. Houses were destroyed so much that only the bricks were lying scattered. And so whenever we passed. Such destruction where I met a little, but when the war was over and the Germans on the ruins of the bricks are collected, then the heart rejoiced that they were destroyed, but they have to work here. »

Carl Rammus. 92 years old. Estonia "was another incentive to go on the attack - to capture a German dugout and get warm. They are there for the Great Luki, long-entrenched, and we just came - in the field in the standing, sometimes only managed to hide between the walls of broken homes. Frosts at 20 degrees, and the fires are not particularly razozhzhesh. »

Rosalia Abgaryan. '91. Armenia "The worst thing that happened during the war - a retreat. They suffer not only physically but also mentally, because they left their land ... And then we have not pursued and chased us. In May 45th, we in Prague celebrated our victory, the victory not only Praguers, who finally managed to free himself from the fascist yoke, but also the victory of our Soviet people, which I was very proud of, because that's what made our people, hardly any other people-or failed to do. »

George Parul. 89 years. MoldaviyaPervoe received a baptism of fire in 17 years in February 44th, at Krivoi Rog. Soldiers were told that Stalin demands the release of the city to the Red Army Day.

«The attack something we climbed, but German snipers almost immediately knocked out all our commanders, because they were all dressed in white camouflage coveralls. And the Germans of our chain of dirty overcoats all at once calculated and pereschelkali. We are, in principle, well prepared and even taught various tricks frontline, but here at least the teeth gnaw the earth, and still do not do anything, not even the minimum we could not dig in because the ground is frozen to the concrete conditions. These two hours on lyutom frost on the ground were the most terrible of all that I had experienced

in the war. "

Kosdaulet Tasybaev. 90. Kazakhstan "Our unit was moving in the mountains near the city of Manzhouli. There is a special place, called "camel humps". Here lay between two mountains on our way. The other road is not there. And we came under fire of the Japanese. A terrible struggle was. The battle lasted seven or eight hours. We held the last effort. At the end were ammunition. I survived by a miracle, the good arrived, our air force. »

Guvanch Myratlyev. 89 years. Turkmenistan "On the war I was drafted in 1944, as soon as I turned 17 years old. And as soon as I got to the front - was the Ukraine, then moved to Belarus, fought in Poland. In Berlin, I was just in the days when we were told: the war was over. We were happy, clapping, shot from all weapons - and ours, and the trophy. After we fought in Austria, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, and ended for me the war in Königsberg. From there they took me to the Navy, where I served for five years and only returned home in 1950. »

Julius Deksnis. 88 years. Lithuania "The brightest, remember that - it May 8, 1945. The victory of Berlin. And here, in the Baltic States, we are still at the forefront. Just in the attack, seven were killed, nine wounded. We were told that it would be re-attack. We returned to the original. We wait. To be honest, at that moment I said goodbye to life. And suddenly - a miracle. Behind the Sound of loud "Hurrah!" He looked around - and could not believe his eyes. All are in full growth, crying and shooting with automatic weapons into the sky. I looked at the German positions - all hung white flags. They finally came the long-awaited order to surrender. »

Valentina Kulinich. 94 years. UkrainaRabotala a nurse on the front line, in the second separate tank battalion. And throughout the war and took place in a peaceful warrior.

«Unbuttoned holster and gun even threatened, but never fired. It happened in the defense of Stalingrad. The German was furious because his plans collapsed. Beale for us to lead the rain, the ground was already strewn with metal. When coming out of the environment, we have an officer (who come) carried on a stretcher a wounded soldier. But as soon as an enemy raid - my assistant, I cast him and ran into the ditch. The unfortunate soldiers shouted, writhing in pain. One raid, the second ... After the third I took out a gun and said: "Once again throw - shoot like a dog." In short, in any case. War - it's a great test, which sometimes breaks the person »

Uzakbai Achra. 90. Uzbekistan "On the front line was in the 42nd. And I came to the comrades to Germany. Twice seriously wounded. But I do not regret anything. In my heart of boundless joy! The whole country remembers how fought our generation, and now honors veterans. »

Holick Khodzhaev. '91. TadzhikistanSluzhil Soviet infantry from October 1942 to January 1946. Happy tidings of victory caught him in Hungary.

Boris Rounov. 89 years. RossiyaZa few days before the victory was almost killed, he stumbled in the forest on the outskirts of Berlin in the group of 600 German soldiers, broke through the defense line. But the young lieutenant was able to persuade them to surrender, for which he received the title of Hero of the Soviet Union

"I said." Do you want to give up living? Give up. Shoot? Shoot me, and my tanks you shoot. Hyundai hoch Berlin kaput and so on, so to speak ... »

Loading ... Loading ...
Liked? Share with your friends!
Loading ... Loading ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting