My wife wanted me to invite another woman at lunch and in the movies ...

After 12 years of marriage, my wife wanted me to invite another woman to dinner and a movie.

She told me: "I love you, but I know that, and the other woman loves you and would like to spend time with you»

. Another woman, who asked my wife to pay attention to, was my mother. She was a widow for the past 19 years.

But as my job and three children demanded from me all my strength, I was able to visit her only occasionally.

That night I called her to invite her to dinner and a movie.

- What happened? Are you okay? - Once she asked

. My mother - from the women's category, which immediately adjust to bad news when the phone rings late

. - I thought you'd be pleased to spend time with me - I said

. She thought for a moment, then said:

- I really want this

. On Friday after work I went to her and slightly nervous. When my car pulled up outside her house, I saw her standing in the doorway, and noticed that she seemed a little nervous too.

She stood in the doorway of the house, throwing a coat over his shoulders. Her hair was curled in ringlets, and she was wearing a dress that she had bought to celebrate the latest anniversary of their wedding.

- I told my friends that my son is with me today will hold an evening in the restaurant, and they were deeply impressed, - she said, sitting in the car

. We went to a restaurant. While not luxurious, but very nice and cozy. My mother took my arm and walked as if she were the First Lady.

When we sat down at a table, I had to read the menu to her. mother's eyes could now distinguish only large print.

Having read up the middle, I looked up and saw that my mother was sitting, looking at me, and a nostalgic smile played on her lips.

- In the past, when you were little, I read all the menus, - she said

. - So, it is time to pay the favor - I said

. Over dinner we got a very good conversation. It seems to be nothing special. We simply share the latest events in our lives. But we are so busy that late in the movie.

When I brought her home, she said: "Once again, I will go with you to the restaurant. Only this time, I invite you. »

I agreed.

- How was your evening? - I asked my wife when I got home

. - Very good. Much better than I had imagined - I said

. A few days later my mother died of a massive infarkta.Eto happened so suddenly that I had no chance to do something for her.

A few days later I received an envelope with a receipt of payment from the restaurant where we had dinner with my mother. By receipt was attached a note:

"I paid the bill for our second dinner in advance. But I'm not sure I could have dinner with you. But, nevertheless, I paid for two people. For you and your wife.

It is unlikely that I will ever be able to explain to you what it means to me that dinner for two, for which you asked me: My son, I love you »

. : Storyfo.ru

Loading ... Loading ... Loading ...
Liked? Share with your friends!
Loading ... Loading ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting