You are more valuable than you think

Beginning in childhood, I was very sensitive to the opinions of others. As a child I thought that if the teacher praised me, I'll be on top of the world. And if naoret, it would be better if I did not exist.

I did not have any of its own internal assessment of what is happening. The culture in which I grew up was as follows: if the society does not value the person, then it is useless, and therefore, there.

The way to prove their "usefulness" I chose sports. When I achieve good results in the competition, I felt like a full member of this society. I felt alive and influential. But when I do something wrong, I felt homeless. As if I had no right to exist specifically in its place. Anywhere but not here.

How wrong I was.

Clarification

I was thirty. I had the flu and spent the whole weekend at home. Behind the wall were the voices of my wife and two daughters. By Sunday evening I felt better, and I decided to spend time with them.

When I went to see him in the room, I felt that the general mood in the room rose. It was something that I had never experienced before. My family have been inspired by just my appearance. I spent the evening with them, and my condition has improved markedly.

It was in the evening it dawned on me: I have is valuable only because I give my attention.

I was just myself. I existed, and the family. And so it was valuable.

I wondered what would happen if I suddenly disappeared? If we consider only the psychological effect of my absence. It turned out that I - a little nerdy, but a sincere and funny guy with a good sense of humor, I charged all the positive energy.

I've always been so, just did not think up this weekend.

I have long thought about it and as a result realized that I have every right to be here on Earth. And this birthright, I do not have to earn it. I'm not a guest, I am the master.

So I started to draw confidence from the depths of his soul. Other people's opinions are gradually ceased to have an influence on me, because now I know that I have something significant to others, albeit intangible. It was my energy.

So I started to look the same in others. I realized that everyone has some unique feature or capability. This is a picture of the puzzle: each has its own fragment, and maybe more, important. The main thing - to collect the big picture, and everyone is making it a part of.

With the realization of self-worth, my life began to change for the better. I spent time with other people, feeling that they give to their energy and they give me his. This is completely different than just unconsciously communicate.

Understand that you exist for a reason. Your quirks, your particular traits that make you unique - are components of your life purpose. And all the things that you do, will have a result which could only provoke you, not even knowing about it. This is the butterfly effect.

You do not know, but suddenly the person with whom you just went in one compartment and talked about the "Lord of the Rings", became an ardent tolkiyenistov. Then he loaded his admiration of another man who inspired so much that he wrote a book, which is now read by millions. Do you understand what effect had a simple conversation on a train? And if you had sat in silence, perhaps there would be a new world bestseller.

Nobody can assume the outcome of these everyday quirks. Simply, there you have your uniqueness, and it is worth to share.

We are all unique, so valuable in this society. And the better we realize the deeper meaning of feel each day. Your self-awareness - is the key to a happy life. Go ahead also use this key! It opens a lot of doors.

Author: Luis Savalli
Translation Website

via tinybuddha.com/blog/youre-more-valuable-than-you-think/?utm_source=hootsuite

Tags

See also

New and interesting