Throw everything and start drawing

Maksim Kostenko, in a sense, an aspiring illustrator. Most recently, he, in his own words, has changed the web design and devoted himself to painting kartinok.Na moment - and he's only 24 years old - had to work with the Studio Art Lebedev, BBDO Moscow, KoteKat (France), Lemonade (UK) and other studios and agencies. Conducts blog, which regularly puts his new job.

The site Re: Vision published a short interview with Maxim, we present excerpts from it:

- a childhood dream draw for serious dyadechek and least serious of corporations?

- No, I have not even thought about it, I just loved to draw up to 12 years, all pumped peasants, monsters, comic books, to invent some stories.

- And, perhaps, in choosing the university remembered this important fact?

- I then forgot it all, but when it came time to choose a college, he remembered. Tried to enter the MAMI, a year went to courses in Russian and mathematics, has not yet decided on what kind of faculty. Even closer to the examinations realized that I need to go to the design of cars. I was told that I was admitted to the exam, you need to bring your drawings. I hand trembles all week drew some cars, something else. As a result, I have made before the exams, I even scored a minimum passing grade, but still not enrolled. And he went to law school.

- What were your first order, you joined in this area?

- When I was in college, he earned a few years at different factories. At night shifts usually good think about the future and about life in general. And once I began to visit the idea of ​​drawing. I felt that the law - not mine and plants and even more so, but the draw for the money would be nice. Looking through the classifieds for jobs, saw vacancy designer with knowledge of Autocad, Photoshop, Indesign (if not totally familiar to me in words). I decided immediately to go on courses photoshop and illustrator. Several times a week traveled to Moscow after night shifts for lessons on Photoshop, which led to some grandfather retired. He showed some funny tricks in Photoshop, but since I did was far from all this, I thought it was pretty interesting. After the course I got a job in a small studio in Moscow, where, in principle, I got the most experience and expertise in the design. A year later, the company got ADV-web engineering. After a year of work in the ADV, I became interested in digital art, six months later began to spread their work to the network and send any first orders. Six months later, I could no longer work in the office - just not enough time on their projects. And this winter I left. Now I sit at home and do what he likes. 7 months, it turns out, went, wow how time flies.

- Which of your work are you most proud of?

- No I'm not proud, I see all the shortcomings. Like everything is just in the process, I think, "This will be a bomb," and then something is, and I understand that the bomb so far. But if it is absolutely podnapryachsya and choose, you probably prefer superheroes. Due to the fact that there are most detail. Usually I do not have the patience to sit down and draw small cars outside the window, and then turned.

Also read the interview and watch illustrations Denis Zilber, Andrei Gordeev, mettpeynty Ujean & Glazyrin, retouching studio Fiero Animals and material on how to draw on the best illustrators and illustrators Russia.

via / rejting-adme / luchshie-illyustratory-rossii-39262 /

Tags

See also

New and interesting