10 Stephen Fry's thoughts about love, depression, and the meaning of life

Stephen Fry - actor, writer, TV and radio, a documentary filmmaker, a fighter for civil rights, educator, scholar, one-man band and British national treasure.

He was in jail for fraud, abuse of cocaine, made at least two confirmed suicide attempt, suffering bipolar disorder.

The rise and fall of the soul Fry knows firsthand.

The main thing is what I wanted to be sure - that in our world, beyond talent, superior energy, concentration, determination and everything else is kindness

Throw find out what is common among successful people look better, which brings together all the people of unsuccessful: they always speak only about themselves. "I need to do this, I need something ..." - the first two words are usually "I need." That's why no one does not like, and so they never get what they want, because of his eternal "I have to, I'm me, I, my" ... the interests of others, Use your eyes to look at around the world, not on itself , and then you embed, will become interesting, and people to reach for you. They are drawn to the warmth and charm that emit those who are sincerely interested in others.

Many times I have to put a hand to his chest to feel the tremor under her asthmatic engine beats the heart soar lungs, blood circulates. These feelings struck me, how enormous power that I possess. Do not magic, but the real power. Strength to live simply and resist the difficulties already, but I felt that I still have and the power to create, to multiply, to delight, entertain and modify.

Once I was almost published a book in the genre of useful tips. It would be called "Stephen Fry - how to be happy: the success is guaranteed!". People bought it, to found that it consists of blank pages, and only on the first written: « Stop feeling sorry for yourself - and you'll be happy ». And the rest of the pages are designed for drawings or writing interesting ideas - that's what it would be a book, and the truth. It makes you want to cry, "Oh, how simple!" But there is, in fact, stop feeling sorry for yourself is not easy, it's damn hard. Because we are always sorry for yourself, in the end, the whole book of Genesis exactly that.

It sometimes helps to think about the mood and feelings, as we think about the weather. Here are a few obvious facts: the weather is real; it can not be changed, just wishing that she had changed. If the dark and the rain, so dark and the rain, and we do not fix it. Dusk and rain can last for two weeks in a row. But ever will again be sunny. Zoom this day in our power, but the sun will appear, he will come.
Similarly, the mood, I think. Wrong to think that our senses are illusory, no, they are very real. Depression, anxiety, apathy, are as real as the weather, and just beyond our control. And no one is to blame. But they will, certainly will. How we humble ourselves with the weather, just have to humble ourselves and with what sometimes seems life

Some people believe that their self hinder many Asians in England, the existence of the royal family, the intensity of traffic under their windows, evil designs of trade unions, the government insensitive employers' unwillingness to health services seriously their condition, Communism, capitalism Atheism, yes everything, in fact - with the exception only of their own vain and reckless failure to pull myself together.

I have a theory - most of the ills of our foolish and intoxicating world stems from the fact that us and then apologize for having to apologize at all should not

Paradoxically, the self-hatred - one of the main symptoms of clinical narcissism

Perhaps now I'm happier than ever , and yet I must admit that would exchange all of himself, such what became out to be you, always unhappy, nervous, wild, bewildered and desperate 16-year-old Stephen. Evil, hugging anxiety and awkward, but alive. Because you know how to feel, and to be able to feel - more important than how you feel

If you think about it, love has no purpose - it makes it so magnificent
The joint project of the Site and Psychologies

See also: 15 brilliant quotes Oleg Yankovsky
15 citations inimitable Benedict Cumberbatch
30 citations incomparable Faina Ranevskaya

via www.adme.ru/svoboda-kultura/30-citat-nesravnennoj-fainy-ranevskoj-789810/

Tags

See also

New and interesting