Television TV Inventor considered useless and forbade his children to watch

The engineer understands the importance of his invention, but was determined to skepticheski

It makes no sense to argue that the invention of the television radically changed the lives of people. Now he is in almost every home in the morning and turn on the "box" for many of the same familiar, how to clean your teeth or make coffee. Nevertheless, for example, conscious parents try to limit the time that their children spend at the screen, and closely monitor the fact that watching their child, believing that some programs and films made for television can harm children's fragile psyche.

Interestingly, one of the pioneers in the creation of technology transfer the image from a distance and did not think television is certainly something useful.

American engineer Philo Farnsworth in 1926 founded his own research company, as it is now would say start «Crocker Research Laboraties», and a year later introduced its advanced design, the so-called dissector - transmitting television tube in which the optical image is converted into an electrical signal using a photomultiplier.

Subsequently dissector could not compete with Ike - appeared a bit later, but it is much more promising creation Seeds Kataeva and Vladimir Zworykin, American inventors of Russian origin: they Vacuum transmitting tube has a higher sensitivity and allows you to broadcast not only movies, but also the image of real objects. < br />
Despite the revolutionary nature of his invention, Farnsworth spoke of the TV and saw a very negative view of his useless:

«There's nothing standing, I and my children are not going to watch it, because I do not want to include a television in your mental diet».

blockquote>
via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting