The young genius ideas for saving electricity in the house

I often hear from parents is that electricity is necessary to save. We pay money, when to spend electricity when the lamp lights, the television, computer or other electrical appliances. And I wanted to understand what devices consume much electricity and how you can save money.

The aim of the work:

• To find out how much electric power is consumed by appliances, and find out whether their efforts to save electrical energy at home?
Tasks:

• To find out how much electricity and how much we pay for it per month.
  • To measure how much energy appliances consume in different modes.
  • To know what are the lamps for lighting, and which one is more economical.
  • Accustomed to monitor the electricity a home is wasted.
Hypothesis:

• Do not have to unplug appliances that are not used.
  • Energy saving light bulbs, according to the advertising, spend less electricity.
Subject of study: electric current

Object of study: the amount of electricity consumed by home appliances in the home.

Municipal Autonomous educational institution "Gymnasium № 34" the city of Ulyanovsk Research: "How to save electricity at home"

Finished: Ushaev Vsevolod, student 2 And class

Supervisor: Ian M. Bragina

ULYANOVSK 2014

Introduction.

I often hear from parents is that electricity is necessary to save. We pay money, when to spend electricity when the lamp lights, the television, computer or other electrical appliances. And I wanted to understand what devices consume much electricity and how you can save money.

The aim of the work:

• To find out how much electric power is consumed by appliances, and find out whether their efforts to save electrical energy at home?
Tasks:

• To find out how much electricity and how much we pay for it per month.
  • To measure how much energy appliances consume in different modes.
  • To know what are the lamps for lighting, and which one is more economical.
  • Accustomed to monitor the electricity a home is wasted.
Hypothesis:

• Do not have to unplug appliances that are not used.
  • Energy saving light bulbs, according to the advertising, spend less electricity.
Subject of study: electric current

Object of study: the amount of electricity consumed by home appliances in the home.

Theoretical part.

We all have many different home electrical appliances. This light bulbs in the chandelier, refrigerator, TV, vacuum cleaner, computer, washing machine, heater. Many also have an electric stove in the kitchen various gadgets that are charged from the power outlet, etc.

All devices consume for its operation electric energy. This energy is measured in Watts. And we pay for the consumed kilowatt-hours (abbreviated "kWh"). 1 kWh (1000 Watts per hour) now Ulyanovsk is 2 rubles 81 kopecks. For the month in a separate family can go from a few hundred to a few thousand. Our objective is how you can save energy at home to reduce the payments.

We purchased a special device – a power meter. With his help we will be able to see how many Watts in real time consumes any electric device. Many of the devices already specify how many Watts they consume. At the same time to compare.

Measure the devices at home.

Measure the power of the electrical appliances at home, to find out which of them consume more and which less. Accordingly, we know what devices it is better not to use too long.

Let's start with the TV. This is an LCD TV with a diagonal of 107 cm, Together with a working TV set-top box and speakers. Measure. While watching TV it all together consumes 220 Watts. If we are watching TV in the evening an average of 3 hours, it turns out:

0,22 kW * 3 hrs * 30 days = 19,8 kW*h * 2.81 rubles = 56 RUB per month

Now turn off the TV and console on with the remote. But here's the trick! It turns out neither the TV nor the console are not switched off completely. They are now in "standby mode". On the appliances burn small lamps, LEDs, which suggests that the device is plugged in. And our TV with TV console and speakers in this mode consumes 26 Watts. Since the outlet is a all inclusive constantly, then consider:

0,026 kW * 24h * 30 days = 18,72 kW*h * 2.81 rubles = 53 RUB. per month

Hence the conclusion: many appliances continue to consume a lot of electricity if left plugged in. So, the first hypothesis put forward by me, not confirmed!

Conclusion: To save energy, unplug unused devices from the network.

Same thing I heard about chargers for phones. They also do not need to leave the outlet after the phone is charged. Check all found home "chargers" for phones. It turned out that half of the charger after disconnecting the charger continues to consume about 1 Watt. It's not much, but nevertheless:

0,001 kW * 24h * 30 days = 0,72 kWh * 2.81 rubles = 2 rubles. per month

Let's see how behave other devices. My computer consumes during operation is about 120 Watts.

He begins to consume more during the games: about 200 Watts. By the way, many people think that the computer consumes more because the power supply is usually written "400Ватт" and more. In fact, this is the maximum capacity of the power supply, but the computer consumes less. If you move away from the computer then after a few minutes the screen goes blank and the computer goes into power saving mode. In this mode, consumes 70 Watts. It's a lot, so don't leave your computer turned on for a long time. My dad's computer takes about the same, but there are still speakers, router and hub, which is always enabled, and consume 17 Watts.

That is, even when the computer is turned off, it continues to run:

0,017 kW * 24h * 30 days = 12, 24 kW*h * 2.81 rubles = 34 RUB per month

Next, measure the all devices list. In the list of included devices that we measured in the house of my grandparents:

• Synthesizer: 6 Watt
  • Music center: from 10 to 30 Watts, depending on the volume
  • Laptop: 50 Watts
  • TV 61cm lamp: 70 Watt
  • Wall heater: 1800 Watts
  • Heating oil (7 sections): 1363 Watts
  • Heating oil (11 sections): 2040 Watts
  • Iron: 1501 Watts
  • TV LED 81cm: 50 Watt
  • 59cm TV LED: 50 Watt
  • Vacuum cleaner: 1220 Watt (although it was written 1600 Watt)
  • Hairdryer: 1721 Watts (it was written 2200 Watts)
The last two examples, we are faced with a fairly large discrepancy between the actual capacity declared by the manufacturer.

As we can see from we have assembled the list, those devices that use electricity for heating elements (hair dryer, heater, iron), consume much more electricity. So you should use them with caution, not only in terms of fire safety, but also in terms of cost. Calculate how much we spend money on heating a room with one heater, if it will work at least 3 hours a day:

2,04 kW * 3 hrs * 30 days = 183,6 kW*h * 2.81 rubles = 516 RUB. per month

So keep in mind that the heated thus is very expensive. And don't forget to turn off heaters.

Now let's deal with a washing machine. Several times we launched the wash in different modes. And found that the cost of washing is most influenced by water temperature, which we previously offered. But the purity of the linen, by the way, is not always affected. All the clothes that we washed, in the end, it turned out clean. As they say, "But if there is no difference, why pay more?"

Water temperature

The cost of one washing

400C (half load)

0руб 89коп

400C

1RUB 74коп

500C

2rub 81коп

600C

2rub 87коп

700C

3руб 78коп

900C

5руб 73коп

If the home has small children, the washing machine runs almost every day. So do the math yourself, how much you spend on Laundry in a month.

• Do not uprate the temperature of the water in the wash, and turn on eco mode half load if you need to wash some clothes.
Kitchen and stove.

In some houses there is no gas stoves in the kitchen. Instead, there is an electric plate. They are very voracious. Each included the burner consumes up to 2000 Watts. Included they are for a few hours each day. By the way, I interviewed my classmates and found that 11 of them at home installed appliance. At home gas. But we need to test an interesting hypothesis on the score of electric stoves and we go to visit. My cousin's house has an electric stove. And we need to verify the following hypothesis: dishes on an electric stove should have a very smooth bottom to the food it was cooked faster. Check. Take 2 pots. They are almost the same size and weight. But one of them is already old, she's a little bruised, bent bottom. When we put it on the table, it can be a little jiggle. And the other is newer. She has a very flat bottom, it stands firmly on a flat surface. In each saucepan, pour the same amount of water: 400 ml. Put them on the same size burners, and at the same time turn on the maximum temperature. The stopwatch. Waiting for the water in the pot comes to a boil.

After 7 minutes 50 seconds see the result: first boil a new pot! The old pot boiling, only when it has been 10 minutes 15 seconds. The savings amounted to 24%.

• That is correct cookware saves us cooking time and therefore saves you wasted electricity! This hypothesis was confirmed.
  • Another tip for those who have in the kitchen is electric cooker: large burners only put large dishes. If the large burner is dishes with a small bottom, then power is wasted.
  • In addition, ceramic induction hob saves 50% of energy.
  • If you need something to warm up, it is better to use the microwave. She consumes a lot, but much faster than if you reheat on the stove.
  • If you have a gas stove, it is extremely uneconomical when it polzovatelnitsy kettle.
We checked 2 of the kettle. They consume an average of 1700 Watts, and boiling water in a kettle consumes about 50 cents. If you boil the kettle at least 2 times a day, in the month would be:

RUB 0,5 * 2 * 30days = 30 RUB. per month

• Make sure that the kettle was not of scale. Because of it, can significantly increase the power consumption.
And now the refrigerator. It is constantly, but runs unevenly. Turns on sometimes, a little noise and cools the products, sometimes just silent. Connect it through the Meter exactly on the day. After 24 hours, look at how many refrigerator spent electricity. Was 1010 Watts per day.

1,01 kWh * 30 days = 32,99 kWh * of 2.81 rubles = 93 RUB per month

The fridge at my grandparents, we also included through the meter for a day, and there was even a little more: 112 rubles a month. That is, the refrigerator is one of the Champions on electricity expenses.

• About it also there are some simple truths that will help you save. Firstly, the refrigerator should not stand close to any heat sources, for example, to the battery. Otherwise, it will have to develop a cold. Second, do not put in refrigerator, hot pot. She first needs to cool down on the stove. Thirdly, if your freezer formed ice, it is often necessary to get rid of.
We also have a bread maker. Sometimes dad is baking her delicious bread. I connected it through a power meter. It turned out that baking a single loaf consumed electricity on 1 rouble 22 kopecks. So, the money necessary to add to the cost of ingredients, when you calculate the cost of baking bread.

Also in the kitchen are measuring:

• Kitchen hood: 115 Watts (h – 190 Watt)
  • Microwave: 1440 Watts
  • Electric oven: 1900 Watts. But grandma and grandpa oven more powerful 2900 Watts. She became the most powerful household appliance. Only 1 hour of work, she spends:
2.9 kW * 1H = 2.9 kW*h * of 2.81 rubles = 8руб. per hour

Light bulb

One of the primary electricity consumers at home are the lights. Light bulbs are in every room. In the chandelier, lamps, table lamps, lighting. And light bulbs are different.

• First light — the incandescent bulb. It is already morally obsolete, as it too consumes a lot of electricity.
  • The second energy-saving fluorescent light bulb. It is about 4 times more economical.
  • Third – led light bulb. These bulbs started to appear not long ago. They consume even less energy, but still quite expensive.
There are also other types of lamps, e.g., halogen, but we'll focus on these – the most common, and which we have at home.

I counted all the bulbs we have at home, and here's what happened:

Lamp type

The number

Power, Watt

Total Watts

Incandescent bulbs

Halogen

Energy saving

Led

Total, if you include all the lights in all the rooms, it will be spent 661 Watts. Incandescent lights have only 4 pieces. They have almost replaced the energy-saving lamps. It would be necessary and the rest to replace. While led bulbs are best used for highlighting specific areas. They still dim, but to illuminate a Desk, or ceiling to get a nice and economical.

Check on the power meter whether or paws spend as much as the deviations are insignificant. Thus, the following hypothesis was also confirmed. The conclusions suggest themselves:

• The old incandescent bulbs it is time to replace energy saving bulbs.
  • Turn off the light in the room, if it is not needed. This is the most simple and effective savings.
  • If the room is bright Wallpaper, and the Windows are not curtained, it is possible that the light will not have the extra time to include.
I conducted a survey among 26 classmates: energy saving lamps installed half of the students.

Second question: From which we conclude that only 15% of the students are trying to save electricity, and the other 15% — still do not think about the economy.

Conclusion

So, all the hypotheses I tested. I learned many new things about saving energy at home, and, empirically, and for some time felt in the role of a true scientist.

The main achievement was that for the last month we have managed to save! We do not impinge on itself in the use of electricity. We just followed my own advice, and spend energy wisely! In the end we managed to save about 100 rubles a month, compared to the last two months, it was 20%.

Here are our bills for electricity over the past 8 months:

Month, 2013-2014.

Payment, RUB.

Note

June

July

August

September

Used the heater

October

November

December

January

Savings!

I want to bring to your attention drawn me a memo.

Unplug the appliance from outlet when not in use. Powerful devices do not leave long included. Don't wash with too hot water. Electric stoves use correctly. Don't make the refrigerator work beyond measure. Replace light bulbs with energy saving

Author: Vsevolod Usaev

P. S. And remember, just changing your habits — together we change the world! ©

Source: nsportal.ru/ap/library/nauchno-tekhnicheskoe-tvorchestvo/2014/02/27/kak-ekonomit-elektroenergiyu-doma

Tags

See also

New and interesting