15+ best-loved Soviet Sweets

Montpensier in a round tin with a fancy pattern on the lid, cockerels on sticks, coloring the language and, of course, the queen of all butterscotch - "Dairy ladybugs": recall the legendary taste of childhood.

Name candy "Montpensier" comes from the name of the Duchess of Montpensier, known for the novels of Alexandre Dumas as the Grand Mademoiselle

As I recall, the most accessible and cheap in those days was the so-called pellets. Colorful round candies of several species. For 1 ruble 10 kopeks you could buy a kilo of colored drazheshek called "peas". An alternative were monochrome strawberry or cherry. It was tasty, but had to necessarily take into account the freshness of the product, because .... At one time, in the late '80s in the glorious city of Chita sold pills that could be attributed to the Hague Convention of weapons of mass destruction, because in order to dissolve them in the mouth, it was necessary to have the saliva from the Alien jaw from Critters and patience by Little Buddha :-) I do not know how many years before hitting on the counter they held in the bins homeland, but these candies were really concrete. Experiment's sake, we threw them on the asphalt from the balcony. Well - they broke into pieces with only 4 floors above :-) 63,999,390

Slightly more expensive kind of "peas" were large drops with a soft shell and sugar on it. I've personally remember why the lemon. When it was fresh - a very delicious thing. They cost more expensive - somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 ruble 30 kopecks - 1 ruble 40 kop.

Well, the most expensive and desirable been or dragees of peanuts - the domestic version of M & M s, or so-called "sea stones" - raisin glaze. The last I loved :-) They cost about 1 ruble 70 kopecks per kilo.

An alternative to pills for cheapness and goodies were so-called pads. Under the candy wrapper had a different jam. A delicious, by the way. Cost and cheap - somewhere 1 ruble 30 kopecks. After the adoption of a "semi-dry law", they instantly disappear from the shelves, and moved into the category of acute shortage. The reason for the post - cheap and quality allowed them to become the best-selling raw materials for the production of moonshine. And since the "drive" all began (at least in Ukraine) - find something to their food was problematichnym.

Eighty rubles - it was lower border buying multiple kilograms of candy, which, perhaps, were the most common type of candy in the USSR. Not all I had to taste. I no longer loved ones, where the shell was delicious caramel jam. "Strawberries and cream" or "plum", for example. But some "Cervical Cancer", "Baltika" or "Snowball" emotions I did not cause any. And I remember candy "Cherry", which some exorbitant cost of money (either 4, or 5 rubles per kilo), but was vkusnaya.

Although my favorite brand in this segment has always been (but probably is) caramel called "Lemons". True, they had nearly played a fatal role in my life. I have since childhood booolshoy sweet tooth and addicted, going to bed, pull out a couple of candy with you, throwing them under the pillow and savoring the taste, cover. And then, apparently fell asleep too early and candy hit the wrong way. In general, I began to choke and was late for a minute or two parents who literally shaking my legs upside down, pulled me out of this most unfortunate "lemon", these lines I would like now to not write

Nevertheless, "Lemons" I love to this day, although they gnaw furiously - like all candy

It seems a defensive reaction

Well, my favorite of this type of candy was candy, or if the right to say, "lollipop". This cheap but practical and tasty product, I still drink with great pleasure. In Soviet times, number 1 was "Takeoff", who not only heard on board Aeroflot, but also in the free market. Candies are worth somewhere 2.30-2.50. And my love for them was conditioned by several factors. Firstly, on the wrapper it was depicted Tu-154, and from childhood I was attracted to aviation. Secondly, girlfriend grandmother that I was constantly regaled them, says that they are the real aircraft and all the pilots of candy they like :-)))) And thirdly, they were really delicious. With sourness. I love these. More than just a sweet candy like the same "Duchess» .

However, the take-off were not always in the shop, but almost everywhere you could buy "Mint" in the blue wrapper. Yet almost everywhere it was "barberries." But unlike today, sour, the "barberry" was almost always sladkim.

I'm very fond of caramel "Start". Remember the candy in the form of washers (or larger tablets). It was very tasty.
And of course the wonderful fruit drops in a round tin banke.

They were tiny, of different color, shape and taste. The only trouble - they often stick together and tear off single "monpaseshku" I had to use brute force. But vkuuusno :-)) It cost such tin where the rub 20 and used at the farm very aktivno.

And we all certainly attracted to buy for 15-20 cents toxic colors males on sticks that are sold in the markets of the Gypsies. Parents, of course, we did not buy them, saying that they were made in unsanitary conditions. But the forbidden fruit is sweet as we know, right? :-))) There were also sweet sticks - beautiful but weird taste

And a couple of times to Poland, Hungary and East Germany wheeling me this manual lollipop, which besides flavor also looked wonderful. It was fun!

A complete story today we are with you memories of "butterscotch" - and digested or condensed milk fondant or molasses. The name they coined in the early 20th century French pastry Morna, who works in St. Petersburg, which is why I decided that the final product is very similar to the petals of an iris. Why is he so determined - it is difficult to understand these things.

All toffee can be divided into several subspecies. The most common was the so-called stringy toffee, those who had never been. Representatives of the subspecies were brand "Kis-Kis" and "Fido". The first were usually steel and attempt to chew the cost of broken teeth and fillings taken out, and the latter is too soft and decayed teeth on srazu.

More pleasant was a "golden key", which can be attributed to the semi-solid die-cast irisu.

But Queen butterscotch were certainly "Dairy Ladybird" - soft candy with condensed milk inside.
And remember, taffy sold in bulk in large chunks. However, the special love they did not use.

Well, I felt a wave of nostalgia?

Tags

See also

New and interesting