"It sank," 14 years ago today, all Russia mourns the crew of the sunken boat "Kursk".

Today, August 12, Russia celebrates the 14th anniversary of the disaster of the submarine K-141 "Kursk". Despite the fact that enough time has passed, unfortunately, the cause of the tragedy is still unknown.

The boat before and after the disaster

August 12, 2000 was a black day in the calendar throughout the country. Killed 118 crew members. 118 young men - somebody's sons, husbands, brothers, fathers ... They were the cream of the nation. But fate played a cruel joke with them.

A few days after the disaster in the media leaked information that the communication with the personnel. It gave a lot of hope to the families of the crew. I still remember how things were before the television in the hope that at least someone will stay alive. When it became known that killed one and all, the emotions took over.

«When kids raised and brought to the BBC in Severomorsk, the whole city came out to say goodbye, i> - says one of the witnesses of the tragedy. - APCs with coffins drove across Severomorsk by color. The whole town was crying. Someone died there friends, someone has relatives. Old kapraz, on duty at the headquarters of the Navy, standing on the steps of saluting and wept ... ». I>

Two months after the tragedy, the Russian leader Vladimir Putin gave an interview to Larry King on TV channel CNN. The answer to the President's question, about what had happened with the submarine, was laconic: «She drowned». I>

Letter from one of the dead

It expresses its sincere condolences to the families of the victims. This must not happen again! Today we mourn with you.

via ofigenno cc

Tags

See also

New and interesting