It is the plane? Is it a bird? No, it is Volkswagen Futura

Warning, the survey! B>

How often do you have the impression that that's the tricky thing about which enthusiastically talk on TV, it has already been done by someone? So I sometimes get the feeling there is.
Leafing through the magazine "Technology of Youth" for 91y year, I came across a short article about the latest Volkswagen models. Here's the note entirely:

SOON And the driver will not need?
Automotive company "Volkswagen" has developed its own model of the 90s «WV - Futura». "Nail" the new design - steering on all four wheels with electronic control and a fully automatic parking system at the specified location with the use of laser and ultrasonic sensors. And on the road the same sensors constantly measure the distance to the next car, and with the necessary anticipation give the signal of dangerous encounters. Blockquote>

A little searching on the Internet, found out: the concept had a diesel engine volume of 1715 cubic centimeters, with a capacity of 82 horsepower. Overall vehicle weight of 1000 kg. Pleasant white interior with red stripes attached.

It should be noted that in general the car is quite similar to the Tesla model X. There's the good electronic stuffing in the form of noise reduction systems, parking, collision avoidance, etc.., And doors are "falcon wings" (but then they called gull-wing), progressive and sleek body design that reduces drag, quite low vehicle weight and large glass area. Is that the motor is not electric. In addition, instead of the usual car radiator is cooled by the evaporation system! Apparently, this solution is designed to reduce drag, making the car more economical and less noisy.
But most of all, perhaps, I was attracted by steering the rear wheels.

Then it was a concept car. As you know, the fate they have one - go on exhibitions and polished beautiful women. But now, these solutions even more daring, go to series.
Replaced diesel - electricity.
Self parking? Autopilot!
A small LCD panel? Large touch console!

On the one hand - that they are as innovation, in fact, has long been done the old giants. But on the other - these giants with all their resources, afraid to give a course of ideas, and even the system works. And now, because of this risk of catching up to take a stand that looks ridiculous.

What do you think, should you let Volkswagen car on the conveyor belt? Why dozens development Nokia, Sony, and many other giants have not seen the light, and occasionally experiencing a rebirth in the hands of their little competition? Where did you work at least once buried good projects?
Yes Yes, with their later someone is implemented and they "shoot» < I do not know, maybe No Voted 125 people. 72 people abstained. Only registered users can participate. Sign , please.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/260078/

Tags

See also

New and interesting