June 20, 1840 Samuel Morse patented the telegraph

Samuel Morse in 1840 patented the electromagnetic telegraph. A great contribution was the creation of the inventor of the telegraph code that represents the letter as "dots" and "dashes" - short and long signals. By the XX century in nine European countries it found 45200 devices Morse, 8200 of them - in Russian.

Confirmation by the US patent applications, clickable i>

Key or "hammer" was used for closing and opening an electrical circuit. Automatic receiver recorded signals given key. The current pulses of a certain duration vibrate electromagnetic pen reproduces the "point" and "dashes" on the tape. Perot was pushing or signals, or apply them in ink.

Morse invented the telegraph in 1830, and unsuccessfully tried to sell the invention in Europe and the United States. He patented it in 1840, but only in 1843 was able to realize his idea of ​​communication in life.

In 1843 the Congress by one vote passed a bill under which Morse received a grant to build a telegraph line from Washington - Baltimore length of 65 kilometers. The line was opened in May 1844. After all began to open new lines, making telegraph common means of communication. Later, European states enjoyed by telegraph, but proves the rule Morse in the invention, Morse paid 400,000 francs.

The telegraph key, also known as "the hammer» i>

Russian Morse i>

Source: geektimes.ru/post/252264/

Tags

See also

New and interesting