In Amsterdam, the first bridge will soon be printed on 3D-printer

How can look print process i>

Three companies from the Netherlands - developer Heijmans , Advanced Technologies Laboratory JorisLaarman and the company MX3D , which develops 3D-printers, agreed to a joint project by 3D-printing steel pedestrian bridge. The bridge will spread through one of the many canals of Amsterdam.

The center of Amsterdam is called the "Venice of the North" for the abundance of canals and bridges. From 1280 the city's oldest bridge dates back to 1658, the year. Tourists are known bridge, from which you can see at once 15 other bridges.

The Netherlands is actively developing 3D-press. Pass events and exhibitions . This year was presented to 3D-принтер for food . Last year, the technology has been tested printing houses . A girl with a rare bone disease new skull printed .

Combining 3D-press and a love of bridges, the company is prepared to launch a joint project to print the footbridge. The place where the bridge is located, has not been disclosed. Print will use a robotic arm with 6 degrees of freedom. In fact, it controls the device by combining a continuous supply of welding and metal. MX3D Metal robot can "print" almost any metal - steel, stainless steel, aluminum, bronze and copper.

Roboruka at work i>

In fact, the resulting structure is composed of small molten metal droplets. It turns out welding without weld surfaces - a continuous weld. Of course, there are questions about the strength of such structures - but once the company seriously going to do a pedestrian passage through the ILO, they certainly have calculated this point.

"We decided that the bridge over the canal in Amsterdam will provide an excellent metaphor for the technologies of the future association with the historical past, which brings out the best of both worlds - says Joris Laarman, the developer of the bridge. - I believe in the future of digital home industry. This is the new age shops. Our project will show that 3D-printers have entered the world of large, functional objects and sustainable materials allows designers to create freely ».

Joris Laarman in the laboratory i>

Director of MX3D, Tim Gyurtens explained that their technology using robots with 6 degrees of freedom, allows unlimited freedom of action and solutions. And Printing functional bridge in natural size will be an excellent example demonstrating the unlimited possibilities of this technology.

Roboruka at work i>

Among the sponsors of the project - of Autodesk, which used the technology to develop Laarman bridge.

How can look print Bridge i>

Source: geektimes.ru/post/251894/

Tags

See also

New and interesting