The place where he lives Frost

In the coldest city in the world live only 512 people.

"I was wearing thin pants, when I first came to life on the street at - 47 ° C»

Ironically, the name of the city Oymyakon translated from the Evenki language as a "non-freezing water" because of the existence of the warm spring in the midst of permafrost. Freezing of the soil is the maximum on the planet - to 1500 meters. When the layers of soil around underground lakes freeze stronger, they increase in volumes and "squeeze" on the surface of the water.

It's cold outside? The average monthly temperature in January in Oymyakon currently stands at minus 54.1 degrees!

Here freeze ink and no mobile: even if I was covering, cell towers, phones will not work at these temperatures.

With such extreme temperatures cars here almost nobody suppresses since chance to make their small again ...

Gas station on the way to Oymyakon.

Another local problem - the burial of the dead. Because of the frozen soil digging graves here can last for three days. Working the land is heated coals and dig a few centimeters deep.

As such, the house will stay until the summer.

Most toilets built in the courtyard, as in the winter it is impossible to protect the sewer system from freezing.

There is little that is growing, so the basic diet for people - the meat.

The only local school is closed only at temperatures below -52º C.

This is the only store in town.

"The road of bones" - the only way to the village of Oymyakon.

Dogs are cold enough, and that the temperature at which even the dogs cool to be a real "cold dog».

Tags

See also

New and interesting