Simple Science - digest experiments # 39

Is about to expire the validity of our blog "Simple Science", first Habré, now Giktayme, and today we publish the final digest our experiences in the form in which it is published for more than two years.

In today's issue:
silver mirror; luminol and red blood salt; collapse barrels; hydrogel beads.

Silver mirror h4> < br />
The chemical reaction of silver reduction Tollens reagent. More about silver mirror reaction read on WiKi.

Luminol and red blood salt h4>

Experience shows luminol chemiluminescent properties that occur in the presence of an oxidizing agent. For this purpose can be used, hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) in an alkali solution.

In the presence of a catalyst, a red blood salts, hydrogen peroxide decomposes to form oxygen and water.

When interacting with luminol hydroxide ions formed dianion, which reacts with oxygen. The product of this reaction is highly unstable organic diradical that instantly dissolves to form a molecule of nitrogen and 3-aminophthalic acid in the excited electronic state. When returning from the excited molecules in the electronic ground state of a photon is released.

To experience the need: luminol, hydrogen peroxide, red blood salt, alkali.

Collapse barrels h4> < br />
After the publication of our next video on Lepre one of the spectators under the name TheWho made his version of the ending of the experiment. We do not know the man's name, only know that he was from the city of Omsk. Big Respect to you, TheWho! I hope this version will appeal to you too and we;)

The hydrogel beads h4>

Video from our audience h4> I have already published in previous digests video from our regular viewer, who also shoots video with experiments. In his latest video he took of experience and our book "Simple Science» . I was very pleased and I could not publish it as a thank you.

Source: geektimes.ru/company/gtv/blog/244772/

Tags

See also

New and interesting