Here's production "tyzhprogrammista"

I recently brought a laptop - very good laptop - by the standards of 2004, of course (for a while it was possible to kill).

And many of the familiar mantra "tyzhprogrammistblya" asked to find out why so many years working steadily device suddenly refused to boot. And I, in general, not electronics, and even not quite the programmer - so with the R / Matlab / Python dabble. But friends were very good, and we had to take the same laptop.

11 photo.

The poor car got out of his briefcase. She was miserable, and even poor condition: body filled (and it seems a long time ago), some sticky liquid; button on the keyboard just themselves were pressed under the weight of years of layers, and once a nice matte screen is replete with greasy fingerprints, smudges and scratches.
To avoid the spread of infection, it was decided to use alcohol (topically). The case has been thoroughly cleaned. On the cover was manifested plastic - very pleasant to the touch and looks like a rubberized plastic.

The battery capacity was increased, and the charger, though it was a shabby cat was working properly. After korpeniya above the keyboard and the screen appearance of the laptop closer to its natural, very good condition (and I always liked the original Thinkpad their strict design).

Pressing the power button Thinkpad T41, I heard how much fun and at the same time fiercely cracked cooler, which struggled to push through all the things that have accumulated over the years of serious and hard work inside the body. He was joined by popping the hard drive - and now the duo motor, puffing and straining, including the work of all its momentum. It came even before the start-up Windows XP Professional, but in fact became. Memtest86 showed that all 512Mb memory in order. Next I downloaded and ran sysrescueCD badblocks - here it rained and error messages (and yes, from the hidden partition by pressing the Access IBM system is also not loaded). There has been a prime candidate for replacement. The second was a cooling fan, because of which periodically appear at startup message «Fan error». The site There, I fixed it, to replace the cooler, offered instructions of 41 steps, including including the material removal of the matrix. But in fact it turned out everything is much simpler: it was enough to loosen the screws at the bottom of which was attached keyboard and touchpad, and it was possible to gain access to the radiator. All the cooler was clogged with dust, hair and hair with the bacilli - brrr. But cleaner helped to cope with it all.

Collection process was similar to the process of parsing in the opposite direction, with the only difference that I have stayed a couple of unnecessary screws. The procedure for cleaning the cooler is not much help, because when the load still continued to publish alarming cry worried pterodactyl.

Then I called the owners nouta and said that we needed a new hard disk (2.5 & quot; IDE Fujitsu 40Gb) and a new cooler. And it is desirable to add a little bit of memory - good, free connector was present. And of course, this is not my concern - to find the necessary parts. What do I happily responded that if so, they the "wood" is not needed and I can not leave them for himself. And in general, I have bought a new laptop. What I'm actually very happy.

Well, if my laptop already, and not someone else, it is possible and tighten slightly. Prices 2.5 & quot; IDE HDD and memory SODIMM PC2700 in local bazaars are not pleased, but about the right cooler could to forget. The situation was saved Aliexpress: there quickly and found a Fujitsu hard drive as much as 60Gb three and a half penny, and strap Memory Samsung 512Mb PC2700, and even cooler under the Thinkpad T41, the price of which I am ashamed to call at all. It's kind came in about two weeks. Most of all I'm worried about the hard drive, but there were: the Chinese have sent all at its best.

With the installation of the hard disk and memory problems, of course, it was not, but had to tinker with the fan. Old cooler was attached to the radiator studs, which could only be drilled out, which I did. A new cooler, being Chinese, it is not suited to the mounting holes in the radiator, so we had to drill and collective farms again - yes, the old Soviet bolts.

After assembling all worked tolerably exactly 15 minutes after the cooler has stopped rotating. I was thinking that cheap Chinese Share did not survive the transplant and died, but it turned out that the old cooler was not included, and continued to issue laptop tiresome «Fan error». Moreover, both the fan worked well when connected to an external power source. All answers were reduced to one Google: it is necessary to change the motherboard. And for such an eventuality I was not ready. But one Polish forum, I read that, it turns out, the culprit may be a blown fuse. My greatest achievement in the field of electronics has been a receiver, assembled according to the scheme 0-V-2, and the components of such magnitude as the motherboard, I never soldered, and was an old soldering iron with a thick blade, so I had to back collective farm - something like this. I have done something for which any electronics will curse like me: just vypayal blown fuse and closed contacts drop of solder. After the procedure, the cooler hummed happily.

By bringing together Circuits, I installed a DVD CrunchBang Linux 32-bit (the Pentium-M does not support PAE, so that not all distributions will work). Few thread a file to adjust "by itself" - and voila! - A great laptop for typing work, and work very, very well in this configuration:

Pentium M 1.6GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 7500
14.1 & quot; TFT 1024x768
1GB memory
60 GB HDD
Intel Gigabit Ethernet
CD-RW / DVD-ROM Combo Drive
IBM Integrated Bluetooth II with 56K Modem
IBM 11a / b / g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Adapter

Here such unexpected mining (which I now dial it) came from "tyzhprogrammista" - does not that firewood. hence

Tags

See also

New and interesting