Memory Dovlatova

Surprisingly funny and sad at the same time piercing prose Dovlatova long been a classic and, like almost every classic, "rastaskana on proverbs and sayings." In the twelve years of his life in exile, he published a total of twelve books that came out in the US and Europe.
Artistic thought Sergei Donatovich simple and noble: to tell you how strange people live - that's sad, laughing something funny sad. In his books, not the righteous, because there is in them, and villains. The writer knows and heaven and hell - within ourselves.

Top remarks and reflections on the life of Sergei Dovlatov, the person and love.
- A good human relationships with women always add up difficult. And I'm a good man. Declare unabashedly, because there is nothing to be proud of. Of a good man are waiting for appropriate behavior. To him high demands. He drags himself to the agonizing daily load of generosity, intelligence, diligence, conscience, humor. And then throw it for the sake of a notorious bastard. And this bastard talk, laughing about the tedious virtues of a good man.
Women love only scoundrels, everyone knows that. But being a bastard is not given to everyone. I had a friend currency dealers Shark. Beat his wife handle of a shovel. Gave it to shampoo his beloved. Killed the cat. One time in my life has prepared her a cheese sandwich. Wife all night crying with emotion and tenderness. Canned nine years in Mordovia sent. Waiting ...
A good man, who needs it, I ask? ..

We endlessly criticize Comrade Stalin, and, of course, for the cause. Still, I want to ask - who has written four million denunciations?
People used to ask ourselves, Who am I? There's a scientist, an American, a chauffeur, a Jew, an immigrant ... And we ought to ask ourselves all the time: I do not shit?
Most people think of those unsolvable problems, the solution of which little suits them.
Introduction delayed. We have to go to bed or leave.
You say - so there was no love. Love was. Love has gone ahead and behind you.
When a person throws a while called the favorite, is sickening.
All my life I blew through a telescope and was surprised that there is no music. And then carefully looked at the trombone and was surprised that not fucking seen.
The only honest way - this is the way errors, disappointments and hopes.
Anything else, but the lack of loneliness. Money, for example, I have quickly come to an end, loneliness - never ...
It's crazy - to live with a man who does not go away just because lazy ...

Joseph Brodsky and Sergei Donatovich

I walked and thought - a world engulfed in madness. Madness is becoming the norm. Norma is a sense of wonder.
You know that thing in life? The key is that one life. A minute passed, and the end. The other will not ...
More hopeless goal, the deeper emotions.
Love - this is for young people. For soldiers and athletes ... And here is more complicated. There is not love, and destiny.
"The main thing in the book and a woman - not the form but the content ..." Even now, after countless disappointments of life, this setting seems to me boring. And I still only like beautiful women.
A year between us there was something kind of intellectual intimacy. With a touch of hatred and depravity.
I now live tolerably well, I do not do a damn thing, and I read Tolstoy. But sometimes it is so bad in my soul that I want to fill a muzzle himself.

Sergei Dovlatov Kurt Vonnegut

I think there is no love at all sizes. There is only - yes or no.
Man to man - anything ... Depending on the combination of circumstances.
I prefer to be alone, but next to someone ...
Normally go to visit, when called. Awful go to visit, when not called. However, the best - this is where the name, and you do not go.
I will not change the linoleum. I changed my mind, because the world is doomed.
"Life is beautiful and amazing! "- Exclaimed as Comrade Mayakovsky eve of suicide.
I have long ceased to divide people into positive and negative. A literary heroes - even more so. Also, I'm not sure that in the life of crime inevitably follows repentance, but for the feat - bliss. We have what feels herself.

Dovlatov with son Kolya. New York.

"Envious believe that women are attracted to rich men of their money. Or what can you buy with that money. Previously, I thought so, but then realized that it was a lie. Not money attracts women. Not cars and jewelry. Not restaurants and expensive clothes. Not power, wealth and elegance. And that has made man the powerful, rich and elegant. Force, which are endowed with one and totally devoid of others ».
"The stimulus is absent, - said Tanya - a good man to love uninteresting ... In a striking age we live. "Good man" for us sounds like an insult. "But he is a good man" - talking about the groom that looks obvious jerk ... »

--img7--

"Before the New Year even six hours - said political officer - and you've already drunk as a pig.
- Life, Comrade Lieutenant, ahead of a dream - said Fidel. "

--img8--

Source: www.adme.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting