Steve Ballmer finally retired from Microsoft

Former CEO Steve Ballmer left the board of directors of Microsoft. This decision, he said in an open letter Satya Nadella , current head of the company.

Steve Ballmer says that the past 6 months from the date of his resignation: plenty of time to think about life. He is proud to have worked at a company like Microsoft. Faces many challenges in the future, but Microsoft has every opportunity to do so.

It is not easy to move to a new business model, when the fore mobile and cloud services. In the "new world" will have to earn money through corporate subscriptions, equipment sales and advertising. Thus it is necessary to keep the old business of selling software that is not an easy task management, Ballmer admits.

Ballmer admits that within 6 months from the date of his retirement is paid not too much time home company. He's now a lot of concerns, among them - management basketball team, "Clippers", which he bought for $ 2 billion, social activities, teaching and learning.

Former CEO is confident that the new management will cope well with the transition to the new business model of mobile and cloud services. "I have Microsoft shares more than anyone - says Steve Ballmer - and I like the combination of profits, dividends and investment value. I'm going to keep its stake in the near future ».

"Given my confidence [in the new management Microsoft] and new responsibilities for other activities, I think it would be inappropriate to continue to work on the board, and had better go, - said Steve Ballmer. - Autumn promises to be a very tense, with teaching at the university and the start of the NBA season, so my resignation from the Board of Directors effective immediately ».

Satya Nadella has already replied to the letter from former colleagues, thanked him for his support, and in 34 years with the company. He wished to save Steve Ballmer in new endeavors same courage and passion that he showed at Microsoft, and success in everything.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/233995/

Tags

See also

New and interesting