Iron horse of chainsaws

The idea of ​​building a small moped on the basis of this "toy" I got the engine in the last year, although it also got to realize I was not completely happy with ...

25 photos
via

2 photos. The main idea was to create something that beautiful, more elegant, like not on home-made, and on the steep purchase moped - chёpper and ideal for me was that's Bobber!

3 photos. The basis of last year I took my creation, by the way, I already wrote about this stool :)

4 photos. First there was a small painted sketch, well, or instruction, everything was deliberately
As you can see in the picture frame, namely the two profiles, remains, fork and bottom of the frame, too, were the old version. Bike wheels had a slight lengthening of the frame, for greater rigidity and virtually the entire top was made out of parts from great. Tank, headlight, seat - all this still from one donor, namely motorcycle Minsk 103.

5 photos. Motor initially was the same, with oddly he otezdil almost a year. Reducer of cycling stars and chains slightly changed.
After the first day of work on the frame, I got it here:

6 photos. Was happy!
But look, namely welds, colorful pieces are old wheels did not suit me, so it was decided to paint everything beautifully!
For this purpose it was purchased 4 cylinder graffiti paint "Montana" and balloon matt varnish.
The frame was painted in two colors, the wheels also I updated, painted the rim, spokes and tires ... :)

7 photo.

8 photos.

9 photos. Well, after assembly moped began to look like this:

10 photo. Then I threw yet previous motor, reducer, connect all hoses, cables, tightened the throttle, and other trifles
Motor wound up almost immediately, a little let down rear chain, but after I fixed it, I went! Yes how! Rod was excellent, speed is also higher than 60 km / h for sure !!! If you consider that before I could only accelerate to 35, now I went to 2 times faster !!!

11 photo. Approximately in the same spirit I took several days, but eventually the motor unfortunately died.

12 photo.

13 photo. And his replacement came a new, reliable engine, its still with me in store winter. Hour of work, and he took his rightful place:

14 photo.

15 photo. But again, I ran into a problem that the engine heats up, but because of what bad pulls! For this was changed gear ratio.

16 photo.

17 photo. But again - overheating after 20 minutes of work! For this was invented by a very simple, though not the most beautiful water-cooling system. Its operating principle is simple, namely, bottle with cold water of which are the two hoses, one at the top that would suck the air, and the second down in a special hole for access to the head of the engine. In the second set in the regular drip hose which sprays cold water, thus very efficiently cools the motor.

18 photo. Well, on this my improvements over, moped riding, pleases others =)

19 photo.

20 photos.

21 photo.

22 photo.

23 photo.

24 photo.

25 photo. PS: I'm sorry, that is not on the site, but as far as I know, many modelers it will be interesting :)

ALL.

Tags

See also

New and interesting