"Travel" photos interplanetary probe Rosetta: from 2005 to the present time

This is not a photograph, and drawing, fantasy artist. Pictures - under habrakatom.

Interplanetary probes with probe Rosetta Philae on board is already about 3 thousand miles from his goal, the comet Churyumov-Gerasimenko. Let me remind you, that this comet is scheduled landing of the probe in early August. As previously wrote Habré , Rosetta has made the most detailed images of the comet Churyumov-Gerasimenko, and after analyzing the photos turned out, that the nucleus of a comet - double.

Interestingly also the fact that in addition to their immediate problem - the study of the nucleus of a comet, a detailed photograph of the comet and other things station Rosetta performed and side quests. For example, pictures of many interesting objects, since 2005 (the time of launch the station), and ending this month. In continuation - gallery of photos with a description of each.

Moonrise over the Pacific (22:06 UTC), 4 March 2005. One of the first photos taken with the camera station. I>

Another picture of the Earth (12:47 UTC), March 5, 2005. I>

Approximation of Mars at 1000 km. The photo was taken the camera probe Philae from the station. Seen plot Rosetta, including solar panels. By the way, in the photo Mawrth Vallis . Here machine tool OMEGA Mars Express was able to detect the presence of hydrated clay minerals - a direct reference to the fact that the water could flow over the surface of the planet in the early history of Mars. I>

The first true-colour image of Mars (produced using red, green and blue filters). Photograph obtained February 24, 2007 (19:28 UTC) from a distance of about 240,000 kilometers. Resolution: 5 km per pixel. I>

Pictures of asteroid Steins (2008), taken from a distance of 800 km. The diameter of the asteroid is about 5 km. In the upper part of an asteroid - large crater with a diameter of 1, 5 km. Scientists were surprised that asteroid was able to maintain the integrity of such power after the collision with some celestial body. I>

Stereoscopic (3D, yeah) image of the same asteroid. Received 5 September 2008. i>

The image of the Earth, made Rosetta November 12, 2009 at the time of rapprochement with the planet at 633,000 kilometers. Here, as in the case of Mars, used generation true-colour images using red, green and blue color filters. I>

The anticyclone over the southern part of the Pacific Ocean. The picture received November 13, 2009. I>

The asteroid Lutetia, 2010. I>

Lutetia and Saturn. Distance to Lutetia - 36 thousand kilometers. The photo is made in the same 2010. I>

Lu. The photo was taken at the maximum magnification. Visible even some boulders. I>

So far, Lu. I>

First pictures of the comet from a distance of 430,000 kilometers. I>

This is - no rubber duck, and the nucleus of the comet Churyumov-Gerasimenko. Most likely, this core was formed by the merger of two comet nuclei. I>

And here's a video with the trajectory of the probe:

Via esa

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/231085/

Tags

See also

New and interesting