Senator Bob Corker: Looking for sanctions against "Gazprom" and the Russian banks

Washington must change its foreign policy.

This was stated by US Senator Bob Corker in his interview with broadcaster NBC.

According to him, the US government should apply special sanctions to the Russian energy companies and is actively developing its military cooperation with Kiev. According to the senator, the only way to avoid the "geopolitical catastrophe" in the region.

"In my opinion, Mr. Putin does not believe that we can punish him in this way - said Bob Corker. - We are all waiting for their next move. And since we only react to their actions, our foreign policy, as I said, it turns chaotic.

I believe that if they do not immediately withdraw from the Russian-Ukrainian border 40 thousand soldiers - whose presence there is intimidation of the Ukrainian people - if they do not immediately begin to withdraw, I believe that we should apply sanctions to some energy companies - to " Gazprom "and other things. Also, I think that we need to strike at the largest Russian banks ».

Bob Corker also considers it necessary to strengthen military cooperation between Kiev and Washington.

"We need to develop relations with Ukraine in the field of safety, - he said. - We maintain relations with 138 countries around the world, helping them with equipment and other things. And substitute Ukraine under attack - and yet the West has done exactly that, we have largely helped create the problems that exist there - throw them in the current situation, as is now the case - it's just unconscionable.

Need sanctions and cooperation with Kiev in order to strengthen his army. In Ukraine there are now only 6,000 trained and equipped soldiers, and they will be forced to confront the Russian invasion. However, it seems to me that Russia will continue to adhere to their tactics and use covert operations and intimidation. And if we continue to behave like this, we will, I think, in the end lose Eastern Ukraine. And it will be terrible geopolitical catastrophe ».
Your text to link ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting