Gun locks

Hello and good day, dear YaPovtsy!

Quite often in the arms topics on the portal flash devices designed to protect weapons storage and access.

A few days ago I decided to try and check how effective these devices.

Results and want to share with you, it may be useful to someone.

Will be 16 photos and some text, please do not break, the end will tell.

I must say that such devices invented a lot, from all sorts of locks, to special ammunition jammed when fired in the chamber, and do not allow to shoot next.

Because of this diversity tell all will not work if they wanted to, so I will focus on the most common, used by fans of weapons as well and, as always, I will be glad to any amendments from you!

First there will be a small survey, and then the results of experiments. :)

Thus, the device first - a lock with foldaway metal shackle.

I think this is the most common lock, which can be seen on the arms. That's it in our state are required to give you with the purchase of any weapon in the store, as well as, by law, it must cling to the weapon when stored at home, if there is no safe.

You can see that can be threaded through the lock chambers drum revolver. It is also possible to pass through the frame, or, in the case of semi-automatic pistol, through the handle, after putting on a bolt slide stop, and pulled out the store.

The next device - the same castle, but there is no longer bow bends. Put through the handle and snap. Just like in the barn.

A little exotic.

This castle, which must be worn on the trigger cocked pistol or revolver (see, there is a trigger circuit is indicated).

The castle is an old, bought for the pistol, which I have not, but I hope that the principle is clear - the hammer is cocked, then it puts a lock of two halves, and is locked - you can not shoot.

Another tool. :)

If the locks are universal and can be hung on any weapons from shotgun to pistol, in this case, you see a device designed specifically for the AR-15 rifle - the civilian version M-16.

It is inserted in place of the shop and locked with a key so that you can not make a shot.

By turning the key, the metal rod presses on the handle of a button latches store, "pushing it" and blocking button - a "store" without a key extracted from the weapons fail.

Next is a very popular Castle - the so-called trigger lock, or lock the trigger.

Powered simple - is divided into two parts, is inserted through the trigger guard and snap-closing the access to the trigger.

When installed correctly, sitting, I must say, is very tight, tried to pull over the castle itself - a shot that failed (in general, according to the instructions on the loaded gun is impossible to put such locks)

In this case - it is locked. There are options with the code - well, like a suitcase, you need to set the desired tsiferki, and then the lock can be opened.

This, folks, those locks that I use. There are plenty of others, but I always hoped for this, and what to say, they are the cheapest.

And now, a few days ago, I decided to check how these locks are reliable - wondered what would happen if, God forbid, someone decides to use the weapon without a key.

Therefore I went to the gun shop and bought two most common lock - trigger lock and the lock with foldaway bail. Especially not take the cheapest, in particular the castle with a bow - the firm Remington for $ 9, and for locking the trigger - if I remember correctly, dollars 7.

I was never an attacker, so it was decided to use violence for most ordinary Chinese instruments, which can be found in any home. China against China!

First I decided to try to open a Remington. Well, I guess now I namuchalas - a company known!

I tried at first to pliers wire cutters ...

The result stunned to be honest. Not exactly easy, but I think it took me about a minute.

Here's to you on !!! Wow!!! And I have such locks are used primarily !!!

Well, I think, well, deal with it, how about a castle in the trigger guard ... Here, like, nothing snack.

First it tried to drill. Honestly, probably can be, but here on the knee for 5 minutes I did not work, and spend more time would not.

I decided to look on the Internet, there are ways to open.

It turns out - there !!! And the easiest !!!

The thing is stupid originally invented by the design of such locks. They consist of two parts, here is a pawl portion. It is spring loaded - this hidden problem.

To open a lock - enough to have a simple flat screwdriver, insert it into the lock, and press the spring-loaded part - lock open !!!

Here again it is shown. We need a screwdriver to push the right, releasing the hooks shut. Just simply !!!

I did not drill the plastic "shop" for the AR-15, he's got one and was worth US $ 20, so the toad strangled.

But, generally, the findings are disappointing.

As shown, these locks on guns - complete nonsense, and all of them can be opened if desired, some - with ease, without the use of special tools.

Perhaps the only lock that makes sense to install the arms, is a castle with a steel shackle. It is, of course, also possible to cut it, but it, at least, take some time (yesterday threw all my locks with foldaway bail, and ordered a new, reinforced with steel, the company Master).

There you have it, folks. I hope someone this information would be useful.

And store weapons in a safe, without relying on the locks. And about the safes can be found in the subject distinguished haupman, here.

I have everything, all the great weekend!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting