The second life of old TV

Once in ice cold winter time ... I climbed up to the attic. (We bought a house a few years ago, but not everything I found here)) And there is here is a marvel of engineering, 1964-1966 model year.
39 photos and 1 video.

"Holy wire," I exclaimed, "A grandfather will soon celebrate the anniversary." 50 years old. For TV legendary brand-record 64 considerable period and it would be sacrilege to just leave it lying around on the attic. So grandpa was officially dropped from heaven to earth. That's about what it looked like:

And so:

Rear view:

And inside:

Dress up your favorite jeans:

Take plenty of screwdrivers, pliers, and other drills. Start to break, what others create. What a generation?

Empty-empty crate:

Appearance of the lacquer I immediately did not like. Take belt sanders and humming a song to remove the lacquer tree. Mentally, I can imagine at this moment the Pope Carlo Antonio Stradivari and other great carpenters.

That's what we have after cleaning.
We reveal stained in three layers, after drying the skins:

The store building materials bought a brush and paint:

Varnishing. Lodge four layers intervals per day. Each layer of the skins:

Closer lepota:

Again, I go to the hardware store. Buy paint in the can:

Gently hung on the remains of the fence, and under questioning glances neighbors paint calmly:

Hehehe, beauty:

And then suddenly comes to my posting:

Based on the pure innocence of children's sense of curiosity, I decide to look inside. And what do we see? And we see what we bought came to "Slando" 15 tidyuymovy monitor the latest generation of the sample in 2002.

Meanwhile paint the legs and the volume knob:

Gather dried up and fixed glass panel. I forgot to take a picture, the panel coated with the paint over the car lacquer. The result was a nice gloss.

So, we proceed to the assembly. It was decided the chassis, which was filling the TV used for other toppings. Therefore, the chassis is exempt from all superfluous. Turn off unnecessary, unsolder, bites.

Quite unnecessary throw:

What a pity, and in general can be useful in future projects is put aside, so then stack it with other useful things in the bins. Generally coils, transformers, capacitors do not throw away.

It begins to take shape appearance. The panel is screwed to the body:

Sorry for the speed calculations, Net proposes kapets sho ...
So:
Parse the monitor into two parts:
Housing:

And the panel:

Try on the chassis. She stood as a native. I got two orgasms:

But without the fly in the ointment is not done. It turned out that the panel is too far behind the glass. This is not surprising, CRT was still bulging and pogabaritnee.
But for us nothing is impossible. We climb into the coffers find a profile for drywall, drill and zaklepschik. With these simple tools and profanity in several stages fasten the panel to the chassis, sliding it forward about five centimeters. I forgot to photograph in a rush job, so just a photo tool:

Now for the sound. The Radio Shack has acquired charge amplifier chip TDA2030. I confess, I myself was too lazy to bother with soldering boards.

We find in those same bins radiator for chip amplifier. Remove from some dead video card, just to drill holes for fixing:

In one well-known Chinese website buy android TV stick and sculpt it with the tie inside:

There is one problem, Android-video output HDMI, and the monitor has an input VGA. Hehe, not on the attack, I'm warned us so scare harder than the inspectors to prove that taking a bribe is immoral. Advance was booked on the same known to all Chinese website Adapter HDMI - VGA. Also sculpt inside.

Connect the power panel, together with the output panel 12B powered board audio amplifier.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting