As I washed down the inverter to the car.

In general all began so.
I dug here the other day in the pantry and found there is a wonderful thing, APC UPS 500 Back-UPS CS honest Gone home from previous jobs and forgotten until better times. Native battery in it was missing.
I decided that would do well to make him an inverter in his car. This is the sort of thing that from 12V DC to 220V AC does. I have long wanted to buy a Chinese inverter yes all the toad strangling me, and here Freestuff practically lying idle. It was decided to do this so that would not disappoint, for myself :).
So bespereboynik it looked when it was new

Two

Posted in [mergetime] 1396547542 [/ mergetime]
Please do not break.

To start I decided to test its capabilities. Disassembled, I connect it to the car battery and began heaping load from the high voltage (220V). Stuck Tee Chinese in tee table lamps at 100W + 60W soldering iron to + Table fan 90W. Look, basking reptile normally so although he declared power output of about 300W, but with a reservation time of 5-15 minutes.
We must do ohrazhdenie for this purpose decided to use a fan from the company of the same garbage that bespereboynik, and for one outlet kosher supply and ammeter at the input, what would it was evident how much precious energy otzhiraet this thing from the vehicle electrical system.
Fan

To start of sealed high voltage output from the squalid outlets
insides

my assistant

Then he set to cut housing
Cut a hole for the fan and nasverlil hole in the opposite wall at the place where the transformer is installed

Cut out unnecessary part of the walls in the battery compartment for better ventilation

Cut a hole and put an ammeter on 50A

Seven

The shunt for an ammeter is also on 50A

It is time to stick to the super glue kosher outlet

Ten

Fan

These wires relatives polklyuchalis to the battery, I had them build-up wire 10 mm square, as there was no finer hand :)

Getting assembly
Former battery compartment

Fan shut mesh bitten off from the old computer PSU

Getting tested and running

Posted in [mergetime] 1396548482 [/ mergetime]
Tests have shown that the temperature of the transformer and power elements are normal, the fan runs continuously once the power is connected 12B, the switch can be done for him someday.
When powered from an old car battery (6 years old) home computer to i3 PD at 450W + 2 speakers: 1 + router + 17-th LCD monitor, surf the Internet in a mode where the consumption is 10-12 A., and game mode in WoT 18-25A. The tanks I lost 32 minutes on the battery voltage has dropped below 9V under load and the inverter is tripped.
I tried to include in the jigsaw 700W not for long - running.
He left the possibility of charging the battery on line 220, but it will be charged for a long time :)
That's all I wanted to say. Fotkal phone shaking hands with a hangover.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting