Exotic Isdera Autobahn Kurier 116i

If one of the experts on the automotive exotica believes that the company «Isdera» produces only "race" "supercars» ...

... Then that is not much wrong. Just "supercars" are different ...
But the details - later. In the meantime, presents "figurehead" of the new «Isdera Autobahn Kurier 116i» in the form (as was supposed) "proud eagle»:
(total is 17 frames!)

Such grandiose "decoration" is consistent with the "imperial" appearance of this car:

The German name «Autobahn Kurier» English would be likely, «RoadRunner», and in Russian - I can not even think of ...

The aerodynamic "fins" rear bodywork clearly "quotes" progressive design ideas avtokonstruktorov of the last century ("TatraPlan", "Talbot", "Bugatti" and others like them):

Yes! I almost forgot to mention: «Isdera Autobahn Kurier 116i» was made in 2006!

The impatient reader will ask: How do the concepts of "supercar" and this hack under the old junk?
The answer lies under the hood of the car: engine V16 / 2, with a capacity of 600 hp .:

Index V16 / 2 is not as mysterious as it seems at first. Just «Isdera Autobahn Kurier 116i» is equipped with two (2!) V8 engine of «Mercedes-Benz 500SE» W126 with a total capacity of 600 hp and torque of 900 Nm.
In the picture clearly shows how the two motors are "back" to each other:

"Duet" motor accelerates the car up to speed weight 2t.270kg at 242 km / h.

Beauty, no doubt, is decorated according to the canons of luxury. That's just the console between the seats is very reminiscent of "Merce» W126. But this is not surprising, since the gear lever is owned five-speed automatic transmission from the same, "Merce".

In fact, the name «Autobahn Kurier» does not belong to the company «Isdera». The car with the same name released in 1938, "Mercedes» ...

Compare ZTU «Isdera» old «Mercedes» ...

Imagine a car that served as the prototype for the modern interpretation: «Mercedes-Benz 540K Autobahnkurier» 1938goda release. TTX No, unfortunately I do not know about him. It is unique, as indicated by the letter "K" in the title, so the presence of the compressor motor (and in those years it was seriously!)

The source image not undergone radical changes: there were steps and "fin" Now the door swing open, "on the fly" motion:

(I say ... purely from itself: the original I like ... Shh ...)

And you do not even guess about the cause of "unsightly" option from the «Isdera». All indecently simple: USED FOR THE MANUFACTURE OF CAR BODY "Bug" !!! The very ancient "Beetle", "Bug" or "of Chair" from "Volkswagen". The skeleton of "bugs" with the roof just expanded (and the resulting slot stuck "fin"), and the rear rack a little "overwhelmed".

If anyone still doubts - compare car door in the previous photo and on this:

So here goes: "From the sublime to the ridiculous - one step"! Name a classic car is a luxurious combination of two modern V8 engine with a body from rust "Volkswagen"!
A small addition: Cocoa way gearbox operates two engines - a mystery to me! Especially when you consider that the front V8 powered front axle, and the second, respectively the back. Such is the "four-wheel drive»
Thank you all for your attention. Now you can ...

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting