Autumn castles of France (43 photos)

The author writes, sergeydolya:

France is now the golden autumn.
Trees are trying to outdo each other in a riot of colors.
Red and yellow leaves carpet the soft carpet cropped lawns. The whole day we enjoyed the drizzling rain and dreary autumn weather.
During the day we had time to visit the castle and 3 Troglodytes cave, which was used as a wine cellar for the production of champagne ...

Early in the morning, while everyone was asleep, I wandered around our castle-hotel:

The shop was very wet, but I imagined in the 15th century there were knights with their ladies hearts to escape from the midday heat:

At 9:30 we all piled into the van and moved to the royal castle of Chambord:

As often happens, a greeting in Russian made a mistake:

The road from the parking lot to the castle leads through the neatly planted trees:

Chambord King Francis began to build the first in 1519 to the year:

Chambord - one of the largest French castles. Some figures in the castle 77 staircases, 282 fireplaces and 426 rooms. The pride of the castle - a double spiral staircase, designed by the Leonardo Da Vinci:

It consists of two spiral staircases arranged around a hollow central core:

Two people climbing two flights of stairs can watch each other through holes in the core, but never meet:

All French kings were sleeping in the same room as chamberlain. It is interesting that in the Middle Ages it was believed that sleep lying down - life threatening. So all slept half-sitting. This is evident by the size of the royal bed:

On the left, on the podium, bed Chamberlain. I wonder what to do with Chamberlain if he snored?

This medieval royal toilet. Vase me and covered with a lid that does not stink. By the way, one of the most highly paid jobs was as a royal podtiralschika:

In one of the halls of the royal collection of toys:

From the roof with great views:

On the ground floor was a strange machine from Reno, similar to a mobile hose:

From Chambord we went to the caves troglodytes. Now it makes fizzy wine. In fact, this is also the champagne, but it can only be called a wine produced in the Champagne region.

The 15 kilometers of cellars stored 4 million bottles:

Here, wine is "ready" about 9 months. During this time, at the bottom there is a deposit:

To get rid of the bottle cap is put down in special boxes and turn them 4 times a day for 2-weeks:

In the last step the necks of bottles immersed in a very cold substance with temperature -25 degrees, where the neck is frozen for 10 minutes. Then open the cap and remove all frozen sediment. Add 10 grams of sugar for dry wines and semi-sweet to 20 grams, also added to the liquor to taste and seal a new stopper. All! The wine is ready! You can taste:

Wandering through the cave, I saw some strange machines with very old bottles:

The latest in this day became one of the most beautiful castles in France - Chenonceau:

Bedroom mistress of King Henry II, Diane de Poitiers:

Ballroom:

Of particular interest was a kitchen with polished knives and pans hanging on the walls:

On the walls are originals by famous artists:

From the castle to the parking lot is a shaded walkway. It was dark, and it was highlighted bluish lights. In the picture, they lit the sky and get a fantastic picture:

via

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting