Trafficking and Violence

"Violence against women - a problem whose solution can not wait. All becomes clear when you look at the statistics. At least one in three women in his life were beaten, sexually abused or humiliated. In November 2008, the photographer Ron Nicolaisen participated in the project of the United Nations against violence against women. He was asked to go to Argentina and to photograph women who are victims of trafficking and sexual violence, as well as their relatives ...

11fot © Ron Nicolaysen

1. I have six children. One of my daughters was kidnapped in 2000. We still hope that it will be. I have another daughter. She was 16 years old. I can not allow it to work, because I am afraid that it may also steal.

2. I was addicted to drugs, raped and forced into prostitution. After 9 months I ran away. Now I have three children. One of my twins congenital because of the drugs.

3. Child victims of trafficking.

5. My ex-lover sold me to a brothel, where I was raped and beaten. I and three other women helped to escape one of the clients. Now I'm married and I have a wonderful son. But I have HIV.

6. A police officer guards the house of the victims of the slave trade.

7. Once I was kidnapped. As I pumped the drugs, I was raped and beaten. After that I had to relearn how to have cutlery. In the photo is my child and my boyfriend.

8. I met a man on the internet. I do not want to talk about what happened then. In the photo - my mother and younger sister.

9. I was offered a job at the bar and have promised a lot of money. I do not want to talk about what happened then.

10. I was offered a job in a bar, said, I will earn more than now. On the first day I was taken to the basement and raped by several men. The owner of the bar - one of my rapists - put in jail, but now he is free. In the photo - my husband.

11. I am pregnant. My cousin told me about working in another part of the country. We went there by bus. During the trip, I overheard her phone conversation she asked me for more money. I called my mother, who called the police, and the bus was stopped before he came to the brothel. Now I'm waiting for the court. My cousin lives in the neighborhood.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting