Museum "Star Cars"

The museum is charged 25 original "Hollywood Car", which is located in the county of Cumbria, England, will soon be put up for sale on internet auction site eBay. Briton Peter Nelson spent 30 years painstakingly collecting "star vehicles", which are subsequently presented in a museum - "Cars the Stars." From Pekhama to Hollywood, these items were outstanding cars of the most famous TV shows and movies in history.

17 photos from here

1. The Briton Peter Nelson pictured near the Batmobile.

2. The picture shows a three-wheeled car Reliant Regal Trotter brothers from the series "Only Fools and Horses."

3. Collection is a small museum in the small town of Keswick, Cumbria, England. The photo of the car brand FAB1 "Thunderer".

4. In this collection of cars a former dentist, 59-year-old Peter has spent one million pounds. And in order to buy a car from the movie «Chitty Chitty Bang Bang», he even had to sell the family home.

5. Over the years, Peter has acquired a huge number of connections in the movies and on television. Every year he attends ceremony of "Golden Globe" and deals with such Hollywood legends as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mel Gibson, Steven Spielberg and James Cameron. Pictured Gran Trino car from the movie "Starsky & Hutch."

6. "Fortunately, I was able to get all the cars of the most famous movies and TV shows," - says Peter. "Many Americans are finding surprising that in a small English town collected all these cars. In the US there are separate museums with one or two well-known artifacts, but there is nothing like a museum, which is located in Keswick. " Photo: Delorean car from the movie "Back to the Future."

7. The original idea of ​​the museum "Star Cars" Peter came to mind, when he was getting to work on his car MG TC in the early 1980s. Quite by accident, Granada TV producer saw him and asked, could give Peter his car for the filming of several episodes of the Second World War - "Spoils of War". In the photo: Aston Martin DB5 James Bond.

8. Peter bought an old garage in Keswick with a plan to build a small cottage for rest. "Instead, I think that there will come a wonderful museum cars. Once, I made a list of "star car" and started calling all the film industry - this is the beginning was my museum. " Photo: Ford from the movie "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets."

9. Most of the cars in the collection is fully intact and can move. Peter has to ensure full MOT and pay taxes. Photo: General Lee from the movie "Dukes of Hazard".

10. His favorite car is a van Trotter. "He always makes people smile when they see it," says Peter. "When he saw that it put up for sale in a magazine a few years ago, I immediately called the guy who said he bought the car on the BBC just to go for it to the party. I asked him how much you want for it? He replied - 950 pounds. So, I bought a car, not even looking at him. Later, there was a call from the Air Force. They said: "We need this van for filming sequel, if we can bring it back?" I said, "Yes, of course! Rent will cost 950 pounds. So eventually, I got it for free. "

11. Peter van found a series of "Team A" in the parking lot near Universal Studios in Los Angeles. He simply left to rust, but Peter saved the vehicle and sent it to the Museum of Keswick.

12. Peter near the car from the movie "Mad Max."

13. Mazda, which went Vin Diesel in "Fast and the Furious."

14. Car KITT David Hasselhoff TV series "Knight Rider."

15. The internal design of KITT.

16. The car from the movie "Mad Max."

17. "Now I'm not at that age and I hope that there is a romantic, who will continue my business," - explains Peter. "I can not just sell all the cars - it took a huge amount of effort, time and resources to collect this fantastic collection. They should be together. " In the photo: "Beetle" Herbie.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting