Avoska

Once upon a time long ago, when the Soviet Union ceased to exist, braided rope bags just disappeared from circulation. Maybe they were not comfortable to wear otovarennye rationed foods may individually cigarettes spilled, shopping bags but ceased to exist in the early 90s. Their place confidently and permanently occupied disposable plastic and not very disposable bags. However, discontinuation of avosek closed dozens of factories that provide jobs for blind people, and they, in turn, did not found a replacement for weaving and left without wages.

Today is an issue on environmental pollution of modern waste of human life, including the same plastic bags. It's time to think about shopping bags.

25 photos

via

02. Eighteen months ago, returned to the shopping bags for sale. They have changed slightly in appearance, handles are longer now shopping bag can be worn on the shoulder, there were bright colors. And in order to not cut into shopping bags in hand, they are equipped with leather handles.

03. Now they are trailing in Arzamas and Chuvashia, there come to Moscow and painted. However, the weave and in the capital. All work performed on weaving visually impaired or blind people, as it was twenty or fifty years ago. A color for the Deaf, at this stage, still need to see the result.

04. Program "Avoska gives hope" launched the company "NPO-SERVICE", established by the Russian Union of Disabled. The main goal of the program is not for profit, but to provide people with disabilities work on sight.

05. On leather handle is embossed on request. Most big companies bought shopping bags as gifts to customers or employees. Skin do in Ryazan.

06. It inspirer of the project Yevgeny Rapoport. Very interesting man, however much he was tired to tell the same thing I'm not going to be repeated.

07. While the relationship with Evgeny, approached the students. In Moscow, worked through the process of training new workers, then the material will be sent to the regions for implementation. Today, students are not much: a couple that came for the second time and a couple of newcomers.

08. Students in the house give the job to the next class, they have to show the work done.

09. Training begins with the basics, how to suspend a thread, how to tie the first knot, how to wind thread on the hook. Do not forget the forgotten, you can always peek in the records or photographs, but here people can rasschityvat only on his memory.

10. The term of study is individual. This is usually six to eight sessions, about a month and a half. At the beginning it is fixed and basic skills, and then displays the entire technique of weaving shopping bags and increase speed.

11. In Soviet times was considered the norm thirteen avosek a day, but as they say, is a lot. Now there is no rigid rules, payment on the fact.

12. Avoska redeemed from disabled people for the price of 75 rubles each. All tools and materials are free, work at home.

13. The couple came for the first time. Man sees the normal, a woman does not see at all. All skills are obtained through the hands. At some point, looking at them, I forgot that me not seeing people. I can hardly imagine how it is: learn to do something without seeing any results or process.

14. Perhaps this is why the teacher is also visually impaired. What she says, she does not see. All the training in close contact.

15. In general, the process of weaving is not tricky. Who knows how to weave a network without problems learn to weave bags.

16. First, taught on a thick cord, these bags are made of yarn several times thinner. Now one of the most important points: the student should feel and understand the principle of knot tying. The following components are the same, you just have to count the number.

17. I must say, the atmosphere here is very friendly and bright.
"Why the color of the thread?" - Asked the woman.
"Yellow, bright yellow!" - Responds her companion.
"I know what it's yellow!" - Laughing woman. - "I should have first say what color, and then to ask."

18. Each new bundle, each skill is a storm of emotions.
"I was number one, look!" - The man is happy as a schoolboy. Well, what if no one can see the eyes, everything is fine seeing his successes hands.

19. His companion twisting the thread and it is impossible to tie the first knot. She did not see anything, so she needs help.

20. Meanwhile, the Cubs have already received some first lessons. The process of creating the first node.

21. The left thumb is the most important, it controls the thread holding the line (by its width depends on the size of the grid cells of the future), and holds the assembly.

22. And around it is a new loop which is passed from the bottom hook.

23. delayed new node. Another cell is ready.

24. Immediately following the knot. This is only the beginning of shopping bags, there is still a lot of work.

25. Before filming, I asked Eugene about why production is scattered across regions, because in the same Moscow and Moscow region a lot of blind people out of work. The answer was a "but what is it? There are all really bad! "Just got up pictures from trips to Russia, I have seen in some areas live sighted bodied people with disabilities to do what? I asked about income, and why is he is doing.
And when I left, I knew the answers to their questions. Manufacturing avosek charity is not revenue-generating. They did not even come to self-sufficiency. But see the joy these people look like they are starting to feel their necessity as they enjoy every success and new sensations, I think this is the most important criterion of profitability of the project.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting