The Germans Kaluga residence. Volkswagen plant

Writes blogger Alexander Belenky

Last week I visited the automobile factory Volkswagen in Kaluga. I've been trying to get there: four years ago I was shooting the open field at the site of the future plant, and then painfully wanted to take pictures of car assembly. Went to represent Skoda, but they assured me that it is very difficult to get there, and the office a couple of years ago, Volkswagen said that they are not interested.

Thoughts are material, sometimes you just need to wait. Now I myself was invited to plant and I, without hesitation, I agreed.

1. invited me to not one, but a small group of bloggers, three of whom I already knew. Officially, the program was scheduled to visit the laboratory of quality, but the assembly itself is also partially shown. Let us begin just with the laboratory.

2. The plant strict rules and almost anything.

3. But at the entrance to the building are examples of cars that today is going to the factory "from scratch". These are two models of Volkswagen - Polo Sedan and Tiguan, and two Skoda - Fabia and Octavia.

4. The layout of the plant. In the life of the building look better.

5. The Germans have not stinted on the territory - a large portion is given over to parking for employees. It is understood that around one field, but this is especially needed to equip a place to put the asphalt, making the layout. I think in our company cars would be parked along the road simply because the rent parking space is also money to take.

6. We were told that this laboratory - unique. No other car factory of our country special unit constantly monitors the quality of the machines - no. With that in many factories in other countries they are. And we have - no. For the pragmatic Germans such as the laboratory - in the order of things. Even in factories in India there are such units.

7. All research conducted directly affect the further production worldwide. And the staff - real scientists, wear white robes.

8. And yet, they are all in my heart a little hooligans. In a good sense of the word. Most of the tests are intended to break down, to burn, to spoil. And then look at the result and give recommendations on how to make the car more resistant to such damage.

9. In this small stove burned upholstery. How many seconds will burn completely?

11. The equipment is not just expensive, but very expensive. Prices - six zeros.

14. What is examined by this "enema" I forgot to ask

15. sometimes go to extreme measures: damage vehicle components with the help of a strong mineral in the world - the diamond.

16. Diamond is also very expensive, so it is stored in a safe and outstanding staff to research.

18. Fantasia laboratory is not limited. This special cream, for example, smear machine and find out how it will respond to the owner, a woman who painted every morning on my way to work, and then another, and lubricates the hands, so as not dried up.

20. During a tour of the laboratory director, Paul advisor, all the while smiling slyly. He understood that the visit came amateurs, and they need something to surprise, most of the experiments still quite boring

21. In the chamber, which opens on Paul previous photo, test the metal parts on the car korozziynuyu stability.

23. This item is thoroughly spoiled. First you have to write a dirty word knife (imagine that you are badly parked, and next goes some freak. Or parked normally and freak just do not like cars Volkswagen. It is he happy to "pass" on your machine nail)

24. And then act on the damage to the ferry and watch what will happen to paint damage.

25. This is a stove and a refrigerator at the same time. This item is placed, and heated first at plus forty, and then cooled to a temperature of minus.

30. After inspecting the quality lab, we went to dinner. On the way was a very interesting room, where cars do not break down in parts and whole. But we were told that this is strictly a secret room, and there can not be photographed.

32. Of course, you have been in the factory canteens. There are almost the same as everywhere else.

33. Is that food for all employees and visitors - free of charge. Salad can select first, second and dessert. Oh, and drink, of course. If you have not gorged - you can buy a supplement in the bar. How much does not know I had with him only dollars. While I certainly do not gorged.

34. After dinner we went into the holy of holies - on production. It is very interesting, but also very much a secret.

37. The first stage - the welding body. People here are only required to control a large part of the work carried out by robots.

38. Robots yellow and terrible. As if a giant hand or huge steel caterpillars of the sci-fi movie.

41. After the body is collected and hung on his door, he goes to the paint shop. There's the car dipped into a special bath, then dried. Everything is automated. Paint shop, this time we did not show.

44. Conveyor. Looks like travalator in shopping malls, only it moves slowly at times. There are many different areas. Somewhere fasten the dashboard and seats put somewhere dress wheel, pour liquid

45. A move to employees like these hanging chairs.

46. ​​Warehouse components for assembly. Here are stored specially sorted details in sections. They are kept in a large "chest of drawers on wheels." On one car - a chest of drawers. Approaching cars on the conveyor to be installed inside the upholstery. Workers take a "chest", all bolted to the car and go for the next one.

47. The most intimate in the production - a "wedding." When the "lower" part of the machine with the chassis and the engine is connected to the body. Unfortunately, the photos of the wedding night I did not come

48. And now some statistics. Power VW factory in Kaluga is 150 ths. Cars a year. Of these four models are collected in full cycle

49. By the way, the model VW Polo Sedan has been developed specifically for Russia. In Europe, these machines are a hatchback and a sedan they do not buy. And we can not buy Hatch. Officially, of course. Imported can be anything.

51. The machine, by the way, at first glance, not bad. You will need it as something to take for a test drive.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting