I. D. — electric hatchback with the autopilot from Volkswagen

The company Volkswagen presented at the motor show in Paris, the prototype electric hatchback, which got the name I. D. the Concept car features a fully electric powertrain and Autonomous control.

The prototype is built on a new platform of the Volkswagen group, which is called MEB — Modular Electric Drive kit. Modular chassis was developed, German car manufacturer specifically for electric vehicles. The framework assumes that a flat block of lithium-ion batteries integrated into the floor model. This allowed to lower the center of gravity and to obtain an "ideal distribution of weight between the front and rear axle".

The concept car is equipped with an electric motor, the output of which is 169 horsepower. From a place to hundred kilometers per hour prototype accelerates in eight seconds, and its maximum speed is 160 kilometers. Depending on the car battery, the stock of its progress may vary in the range from 400 to 600 kilometers.

Rear-wheel drive prototype with a single-stage transmission equipped with a system of wireless charging of batteries. The automaker said that 80 percent of the stock of I. D. batteries can be recharged in half an hour.

Overall length I. D. Volkswagen is 4099 mm, width — 1800 millimeters, and a height of 1529 mm. The prototype wheelbase is 2750 mm. Thus, the prototype of 156 millimeters shorter, a millimeter wider and 77 millimeters higher than the "Golf" of the current generation. The difference in distance between the axes is 113 millimeters in favor of the concept.

The concept car is also equipped with the system fully Autonomous control. It operates through installed in the roof of the laser scanners, which move when you activate the drone, cameras, as well as information on the status of the road. The autopilot is switched on by pressing the Volkswagen logo on the steering wheel.

Unmanned mode stops working if the driver presses on the gas pedal or brake. In addition, the electronics of the car alone can prevent being behind the wheel of the person that there is a need to switch to manual mode. In this case, the steering wheel will be pushed out of the center console, where it automatically retracts when you activate the autopilot.

I. D. Volkswagen also equipped with a system of individualization of the settings of the car. The electronics of the prototype is able to recognize the profile of a person, which is installed on his smartphone. With this information, the car will adjust the climate system will be selected the optimum position of the chair, will include the specified profile station and set up navigation.

SUBSCRIBE to OUR youtube channel that allows you to watch online, download from YouTube free video about the recovery, the rejuvenation of man. Love for others and ourselves, as the feeling of high vibrations — an important factor for improvement .

Put LIKES and share with your FRIENDS!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCXd71u0w04qcwk32c8kY2BA/videos

The prototype has received and the system Volkswagen Home-Net. With its help, the driver will be able in real time to monitor what is happening at his home, and, if necessary, unlock the front door lock.

The list of equipment I. D. Volkswagen also includes a function of receiving packages in the car, head-up display with augmented reality and cameras instead of side mirrors.

The company Volkswagen announced that the production version I. D. will appear in 2020 and will cost about the same as comparable in power and damage to equipment version of "Golf". By 2025, the serial should be a system of Autonomous control. published

Source: motor.ru/news/2016/09/29/vwid/

Tags

See also

New and interesting