As I jumped with a parachute

"The heart was broken by fear. My ears noise. I pulls in all directions. I do not understand where the land where the sky where my body. Ditch the ring ... "The correspondent of" Solidarity "has learned that the most dangerous thing in the parachute jump, and in their own skin checked, the feelings experienced by the free fall.

Until a few years ago was sure parachute jump will never be - I'm not a fool. You never know what not unfold the parachute or something else. No, no, it's not for me.

And six months ago, a friend shared: I want this season to jump with a parachute. And a similar idea, of course, settled and began to grow roots in my head. It is not noticing, after some month I have "matured": soon to jump!
Needless to say that the other as is often the case in similar situations, to the foot of the aerodrome in the summer and have not reached. And I, having gained information from the site DOSAAF planned jump at the airport "Hog" on Friday.

I decided to jump with a round parachute D-6 (it used troops of the USSR). The second option - a parachute-wing had, in my opinion, the small plus and a big minus. Go with him could be from a height of 3,000 m and not 900m, but not independent - only in tandem with an experienced instructor.

The plan was simple: in the morning are a flying club, undergoing tests at the doctor's instructions and on the same day jump.

First of all - instructing

... Nerves, nerves, nerves. All thought of only one thing. Last night before the jump. TV watching with unseeing eyes. Can not? May postpone that jump? I lay down in bed and can not fall asleep for a long time. Somehow I remembered meaningless moments of life. Twice I run to the kitchen to smoke. Hand shakes.

... In my opinion, a good starting point. Sorry, there is no truth. And the evening and the morning was quiet as the elephant. Parachute jump - it's cool.

The flying club joined the 10.04. An hour later, it turned out that those wishing to jump with me today just four. All were going to jump into the first (and, God forbid, not the last) time.
Dr. measured over the pressure and in turn gave to sign a receipt. They say that we are aware of all the risks, and will not use the jump for suicidal purposes (what an original idea!).

In accounting for the jump and is now coaching take about 200 thousand rubles. Instruction consists of theory and practice. The most important conclusion: a parachute jump is absolutely safe. Even if you do not dernesh the ring, he will open the parachute. In addition, the stomach will spare you. The most dangerous thing in the jump - landing. Feet should be kept together, tense and parallel to the ground - otherwise you risk to receive a dislocation or fracture. In general, destroys people not beer, water destroys people.

The street was the heat, and as skydiving at more than 30 degrees is prohibited, then we moved to the departure evening. In anticipation of all I could not believe: Shall I jump today? Indeed, not jumped. Jumping moved the next day.

Attempt №2

I'm on the plane. At the signal, I get up and become the open door (do not look down, stsykun!). I jump. I am counted: 121, 122, 123 (that really took 3 seconds instead of three moments). I pull the ring. The parachute opens (opens - I believe!). Raise your head and look around the dome - all in order. Quietly (calm, I say!) To pull the red rope on the reserve parachute and block it - if the land on the two, it would be at least very funny.

I shout with joy and prepare for the landing (not to twitch, blah!). The jump lasts only 2-2, 5 minutes. I exhibited foot fall to the ground. Nothing broken. Live!

... So I trained myself mentally before the second attempt to jump with a parachute. As instructed, I had already passed, this time arrived at the airport 18.00. I was attached to a group of twenty people. Again failure: because of the wind speed over 10 meters per second jump was canceled. N Fucking meh ... not because it's just a - a parachute jump.

Trying №3

This time was a Friday night. We were already in full ammunition in the line when the "corncob" AN-2 emitted into the sky last flying club professionals. Just before departure we walked another instructor and every once checked ammunition. Girl rewrite our names and numbers of parachutes, with enthusiasm I said, "Well, they are ready, smertnichki?". Most smiled back.
Under the weight of the parachute it was hard to stand, but still pressed straps on the shoulder. Like other knelt on the ground.

And now the plane landed. I'm confident going to him with the other. The wind in the face, screaming motor Academy. Is it me? He sat down. I looked around: I'm very seredinke. Because parachutes all relate to each other. You can say good feeling male elbow.

Takes off. I looked out the window wondering. Two people pull out the camera and start fotkatsya. Instructor bypasses us again inspects. Knots me a helmet.
I hear a strange creaking. Again it. I see in front of the cabin caught fire bulb. This is a signal. The instructor picks up on the first two legs (jumping two). Open the hatch, and I can see the bottom of the earth.

The first two lucky paused, fail down. I rzhu with the others. It's funny: just standing there, and then - again in the abyss. After each next jump laughter in the cabin is enhanced.

Holy smoke, have my turn. Something all too quickly. I get up and smile nervously. The first jump. I go to the hatch and look down. "Jump!" - Shouts the instructor.
Uh ...? I have some time ahead and somehow make a step forward. Mom !!!

In free fall, and not only

Heart sank with fear. My ears noise. I pulls in all directions. I prostrate (if you know how it is difficult to describe - like a brain shut down and went for a walk). I do not understand where the land where the sky where my body. Ditch the ring ... (considered whether the 121, 122, 123? I do not remember!)

After a pause, I was very shaken. Another second and becomes quietly. I see at a Minsk! Feet down at the top of his head! Corner of my eye I see his right another parachute. What about mine? I lift my head - all right! So. There's a church near the sports complex. Won the National Library. This is the life! To the fullest!
Ёlkmn ... to block the reserve parachute on his stomach. I undertake the red rope. Pull? Or better not? What if that have not recovered? And, it was not, ditch. Silence.

Yes, but there is not a gentle breeze. Oh, I begin to recognize the bottom of the field. Well, thank God, the airfield. And then there would have landed on the avenue would be tortured during interrogation after the election as a spy.

On the abdomen something pops. I try to open the reserve parachute. It did not work, my dear.
Everything seems to be under control. WHAT IS IT ??? I go down to the woods !!! On the Christmas tree! Oh, bl ...
Heck it w bush. Bush. And I'm confident I fly in a puddle. So, the earth is near. Already I hear a man screaming on a megaphone - legs together and create strain. Oops, so I happen to fly fast. Already the earth!

As for kicking the ground, I was thrown back. Quickly I get up from the back. Hats off his parachute. Somehow, it quickly starts to collect. UAZ, to land, is already here. Issued mustachioed man. How do you happy man!

Posted in [mergetime] 1307944673 [/ mergetime]
So I landed furthest from the take-off aircraft. Parachute collected, get in the car. We're going to pick up others. I feel that strongly hit the foot (an hour later understand that aches left heel).

Who or select - all smiles. And here on earth you somehow strange and unusual. All swarming like ants. Maybe I still can not get over it?

Conclusions

Complete safety jump fully confirmed. The most exciting moments in my subjective opinion: the first three seconds of free fall. The general conclusion: good but not enough. Can join the flying club, not to jump to 900 m, and 3000? I want to go back there.

taken here

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting