93-year-old man

After the death of his wife, 93-year-old man was going to lead a quiet and measured life. War veteran from Tiptree was confined to a wheelchair and rarely went beyond the threshold of his house.
But one day he dreamed of his wife, he suddenly received a new impetus to life.
After he rallied and began to walk again, Mr. Houes flew to South Africa to see his family, and made a parachute jump from a height of 3300 feet. Mr. Houes says, "I lost my beloved wife Hilda, after 60 years of marriage, I've never been so alone. I spend days sitting in his chair and wanted umeret.No once in a dream I saw his wife, who told me: "Bill, are you going to just sit here and die slowly? You'll be able to walk if zahochesh.Ya took his walker and tried strode in one place. I rallied and after a month I was able to reach on their own baths and back ».

Mr. Houes became more active. One day he called his nephew Colin Robinson from Johannesburg, who persuaded him to make the journey of his life. Mr. Houes says: "Colin was engaged in parachuting and began to persuade me to take the leap. At first I thought he was joking, but he assured me that I could do it. I agreed and bought a ticket ».

On Sunday, Mr Houes, a former painter and decorator, got on a plane and became the oldest man to make a parachute jump in South Africa.
Mr. Houes said that when he was flying through the clouds, he felt perfectly happy.

He says: "I will never forget this day. Every time I look at the sky, I think of his adventure. I can not believe that it happened to me after I spent four years in a wheelchair. For me it is the greatest miracle. In his '93 I feel so proud of what he did, and I feel alive again. »

Mr. Houes, who plans to return to South Africa and make another parachute jump, hoping that his example will inspire many. "I'm glad I was able to commit this act. In the world there are many elderly people who sit locked up the house and also, as I once nearly gave up. I know that if I could do it, and others will be able to do something like that. & quot;

The nephew of a brave man says, "I've never seen anybody happier than Uncle Billy that morning. He said: "It does not matter how old you are, you must continue to live by example and inspire others».

Translated specifically for fishki.net

--img7--

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk

Tags

See also

New and interesting