Dreamcatcher amulet or good dreams.

Hello, everyone hit the pages of Yap, and the time has come to tell me a little about his life.
About a year ago the road and someone I would like to make this a catcher by all the rules and canons, then I asked her to weave itself together and began to search for information around the case. Sites clambered is not small, and find ways of making this an amulet and a few legends.

For classic American dream catcher (namely the southern part of the Indians of North America and came to a form of dream catcher) will need:
Willow twig, cotton thread, a few feathers and stones. And as a knife, needle, tweezers (just in case) and scissors - as tools.

But the legend of legends, and the thing is very real and interesting, but also looks nice if done with the soul and not very crooked hands. So I became interested in these amulets. Yesterday a friend of mine asked to weave a dream catcher as a gift, for me this is not a difficult task, and simultaneously decided to do a little manual on making dreamcatcher.

20 photos + text

This legend is the most common:

"Once upon a time, when the world was young, the elder shaman of the tribe of the Lakota was high in the mountains, when he had a vision. In this vision, Iktomi, Shaman and Grand Master of the Wisdom, appeared before him in the guise of a spider. Iktomi talked to him on the intimate language. During the call, Iktomi raised willow hoop elders, which were hooked feathers, ponytail, beads and began to spin a web.
He told the old shaman of the cycle of life; that we begin a life of children, passing childhood, we grow. After that we usually old and over again has to take care of us like sitting, completing the cycle.
- But - Iktomi said, continuing to spin a web. - In every moment of life, we are faced with a lot of force, and some bring us harm, some, on the contrary can help. If you will listen to the good forces, they will discover, they will gladly help you to go in the right direction. But if your choice would be wrong, then you can get trapped and injured. So these forces can both help and intervene in natural harmony and disturb her.
He said he continued to spin a web.
When finished Iktomi narrate, he filed a shaman web and said:
- This web - a perfect circle with a hole in the center. Use the Web to help his people achieve their goals, drawing from the source of ideas, visions and dreams. If you entrust the Great Spirit, the web will catch good ideas, and evil will take place through the hole.
The old shaman gave a vision of his people, and since then, many Indians Dreamcatcher hung over her bed to weed out the dreams and visions.
They say that the Dreamcatcher contains force command fate. »

Willow branch must be bent into a circle, it is very easy to do with a fresh twig, but dried up willow is very fragile and is practically bent. My branch I had prepared, I took care of it in advance, it is necessary to measure and make a mark on the very branch.

Having measured the diameter of the desired tag set at a distance of 2 centimeters, to obtain a smooth bevel and future catcher straight round without projections.

Then the hardest part, willow branches need to braid around. The task seems quite simple, but actually it is not. What would all went well, you need to compress the willow of slices and tie a knot around the middle of the slice, and then thread tight braid, that the sections were firmly fixed and not slipping.

Next comes a rather boring part of the braid branch should be in a circle to the end, it takes considerable time.

The second knot tied at the end of a string, you can leave it that then it was for that hang dreamcatcher.

Now comes the important part of the dream catcher, weave cobweb. The cobweb woven as stones, I took the beads of carnelian, but I think that the best stone for the Dreamcatcher is the moonstone, unfortunately it I do not have.

Gossamer is better to start from there, from where began to braid branch itself. Tying the knot First thread holding on a branch, and then from the bottom is passed into the space between the branch and the upper thread, loop exhibiting a short distance (I took about 2.5cm), and tighten. No nodules are not necessary, following a previous loop is tightened strongly, however, to exert force when tightening it's worth, gossamer in any case should not hang

Yet tightened loop.

Having thus the circle, move to the second. The second round begins from the middle line of bundle located between the initial and the first loop.

And the topic loops, only this time in the middle range of the previous thread, pass all the subsequent circles, getting a kind of spiral.

Of course do not forget about the stones. They can be mounted anywhere, but I began to build them in rows or in a certain place. Not so long ago began to experiment with the beads, vypletaya them a little pattern on cobweb dreamcatcher

Circles in the cobweb recommend doing odd number, but I do not know what it is connected, and what information will the violation of the recommendations I have not found. Whatever it was, in any case impossible to decorate the first and last round webs.

You're a little decoration is another important part of the dreamcatcher - feathers. I take the usual chicken feathers, coloring their properties does not change, but we must not forget that this is still a shamanic amulet and feathers still preferable to take from live birds. I collect feathers in my mother's village, and since I'm a pacifist, then collect only fallen feathers.

Here and ready Dreamcatcher. The thing is really interesting, and about a year ago I made the first catcher for themselves. Dreams began to remember a very, very good with detail. After a while, any catcher loses its properties, but that is no reason to change it. Dreamcatcher easy to "clean up" hung it on the street under the rays of the rising sun at dawn catcher "clean" and the night will help to dream as before.

I want to show you some of his catchers that have been made voluntarily.
This Dreamcatcher always walks with me, and I have almost hiding it from prying eyes. It is small and light as a keychain hanging on the jacket.

Another small catcher was done out of curiosity and in the samples with beads.

Experimentation is not only caught cobweb decoration, but also the very cobweb, now my catcher a little different from the classic.

Another classic Dreamcatcher, only a stone in the center.

This is my first article ends as the story of my hobbies is very small and nothing special to be proud of.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting