Saigon / Ho Chi Minh City

I wrote about Hong Kong and so wanted to return to Asia, he decided to put last year's trip to Saigon / Ho Chi Minh City.

Declaration. Immediately it should be noted - if the inscription on the Vietnamese is not duplicated in English - that's all. Stupor full and no associations.
By the way, local in 9 out of 10 do not speak English, and if they say - Nichrome still not clear. Meow.

River winding happy.

Hotel with breakfast and daily change of linen in the center of Ho Chi Minh City - 20 USD per night for two!
P.S. Local conversation in town called Saigon. They explain that Saigon - Ho Chi Minh City is the oldest part. Ho Chi Minh City where it ends and begins Saigon, I did not understand. So for me, Saigon - is the former name of Ho Chi Minh City.

I felt like a millionaire. 1 ruble - something around 600 VND.
Feelings - as in Belarus. Horseradish understand how expensive this or that, just stupid to pay.

Tarahtit - Kick, can be deaf. I do not get enough attention from others. Hug me and sundry. vonizma from the exhaust.

The food is quite diverse.

We have a "dick" written on the fence, Vietnam - everywhere. It is a common word.

Grandpa Ho.
The center is just being prepared for March 8 - everywhere posters, slogans. And at some point to check the acoustics - including a Vietnamese march.
Just remember the "Soar bonfires ...", "Lenin is so young ...". Even his wife said that I reflexively straightened his shoulders and became a clear step.

These are home.

Not enough beer and semok.

Work is in full swing.

Museum of History War

People pretty cute.

Badges and lighters with American names are sold in the museum as a souvenirs.
I suspect dug somewhere in the suburbs.

Map of Saigon

When all this Caudle from dozens Scooter takes off, the main thing - to quickly knock out of the way. Only go forward - the basic rule of the road of transition in Asia. Slowly, step ladders, steps and only forward! And you slowly bend around the back. It should start to twitch - clash and chaos provided.

Cathedral of Our Lady of Saigon - Notre Dame de Saigon. It was built by the French.

What I like about them - absolutely not steamed about the opinions of others.

One side of the street ...

... And the other - the hotel Meriot.

Severe uncle.

Saigon River. I can not say that it is very clean.

Urn.

From afar it seems that the poop sat. A small children running around in their pants with a cut on the ass. If that - just need to sit down. Sorry, not sfotkal.

Many masks - from the smog. In the evening, almost all wearing masks.

Local police.

Renovation and expansion of the bridge. In the background - the house-museum of Ho Chi Minh.
Just took the camera down - immediately pieces 10 police and military rushed. Photographing prohibited reason.

He remembered his childhood.

The market on the road between the houses in a certain quarter.

If you look - in the center of the rat eyes shining pictures.

Quite common method of earnings.

Ben Thanh market. That is still a cesspool.
A lot of Europeans zatarivatsya jersey - take bales. T-shirt can take 20-30 rubles (if you take the 10 pieces). Quality - "to give come».

I try to figure out what it is. In short, the big green breaks, gets smaller green (top left in the package), and if you break a smaller green - gets a little dark green (in the packages on the right), and all that can be sold.
The taste - like acorns.

Coconuts. I suspect that they are ground on a lathe.

Gentleman lady brought flowers, and she lowered him to eat.

Palace of Independence. Earlier in his place with a French palace in 1954 turned into a residence of the President of South Vietnam. The battles' 60s he was severely damaged and virtually rebuilt. That's when he called the Palace of Independence. In 1975, the storming of the building put an end to military clashes - Vietnam was united, set the power of the Communist Party. Since then, the palace called Reunification Palace.
The atmosphere inside the rather harsh, but to walk and sit (when no one sees) can be everywhere.

The tank, which in 1975 stormed the gates of the Palace of Independence, and on the balcony of the 4th floor Communists unfurled a red flag.

Dedeshko Ho everywhere.

Funny pictures on the walls of the palace. Self-immolation.

One of the many pagodas.

Swastika. There is almost everywhere.

Quite briskly flashed.

Another market, it - the dining room or cafeteria. Take risks and try this soup did not.

Posted in [mergetime] 1312476001 [/ mergetime]

But the cane juice with ice - an awesome thing. Very good thirst quencher.

The stalks of cane a few times just pulled through the press.

Rooster in the center. How is he survives - is unclear.
P.S. Taki shit, padlyuka.

Local swipes - tincture of snakes, scorpions and other reptiles. It should be from 30 to 150 rubles, if the bargain (a bargain Vietnamese like better than the Arabs - if you're lucky, the price can shoot down 5-6 times. And all this with a smile and Vietnamese jokes, rhymes).

- You can drink?
 - Can. Once.
(real dialogue)
It is said that you can still and rubs.

Rest.
Passing by the construction. In the middle of the street piled a bunch of solution in the middle of a puddle mortar is a man. Tink! - The signal for dinner. Chel squats in the middle puddle, gets some package from his pocket and begins to quietly dine. After 15 minutes, we go back - he was plowing in the same pool. Discipline!

In the eyes dazzled

The most important remedy for food poisoning in Asia - alcohol.
1 beer, vodka 200 (raw vodka), the juice, mojitos and nuts - 140 rubles.
A cafe is quite decent.

Street tavern. Where the day the street in the evening are arranged tents, tents, tables, and you can safely eat and drink.

Kitchen Shalmanov.

Morning 8 March. Tavern made itself felt - his wife was upset and I was attached, as she drank a mojito and I beer and vodka.
But we remember that from indigestion strong tea and vodka - means №1.
 - Congratulations, dear! I made you breakfast.

That's all. Back to Bangkok.

P.S. Meet in Saigon, remember that Vietnamese racers feature - pull on the speed bag from his hands. We knew about it, and a bag of documents left in the safe in the room. Therefore sorvanoy treated with neck chain. In sneakers chasing a motorcycle - a thankless task, not caught up. Local, as I understood it, was offered to call the police. I thought - did not. Search Vietnamese in Vietnam on the bike, a helmet and a mask - nuegonafig. Actually, this annoying little thing - the only minus Saigon.

Posted in [mergetime] 1312476306 [/ mergetime]
Everything!
Thank you for attention!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting