Gift boss

In the summer, I already laid out one of my boxes.

Photos of all the manufacturing process is not, as I originally did not plan to spread its work on Yap. But then, I thought that on the eve of the Christmas holidays my idea someone can come in handy, or come across something special. This thing is meant my new boss.

11 photos

Since he came to us a little more than a month ago, and his birthday today, I stood in front of a very difficult choice of what to give the person about whom I know nothing, though I am his secretary. And to give something that does not become yet another unnecessary and useless crap, which usually give to colleagues. In general, it is not to become like Masyanya "... My job is to give a gift, and you'd better think of something to do with this crap," I decided to make something of such things. Fumbling on the online auction site, and my happiness has found a tin of cookies for his soldiers and officers of the German army known German company «XOX - Geback GmbH» (the Third Reich, 1942.).

Just make a reservation for the fans to leave the stones and sleepers for the fact that I ruined rare thing, and stuff like that. Yes, I combine incompatible things, but it happened. Time to look in greater depth especially was not, and the proposals are not so much. Heels cans, of which only this and went. Take a new bank, I would not. Because competent and nice to wear out a new thing harder and longer, than to restore old. Newspapers 40s I have not found. Print is old, I did not want to. So I took what I had and it was not.

Unfortunately, I have not photographed the box in its original form, and when it decided to put an article about it here and asked the owner of the box to send me pictures of him.

Top view

Side view

Posted in [mergetime] 1386133985 [/ mergetime]
The box is not small. Length 18 cm, width 11 cm, depth 10 cm. Well, anyway, I decided to so do. If you do not like it, was dragged into the garage and will store it, for example, wheel bolts, if he has two sets of like me, well, or something like that. Why the box? In the summer, I restored the son to the pre-revolutionary tin from the French pastry Felix Potin for his treasures. The result pleased me and her son. However, my son is only 5 and a half years. But the men at any age boys like us girls all his life.

When she came to me, she looked to say the least "not very". Photos does not transfer all.

Wearing rubber gloves, I twice handled the whole box with anticorrosive rust converter. Tin box for his son was a particular place rusty. This box is better preserved. But still it remained quite terrible. After drying in a couple of days colored box brown camouflage paint Bosny. Paint chic. It has a matte surface. Dries quickly and fairly resistant to abrasion. On the reverse side of the cover it can be clearly seen. I specifically did not cover the lower part of the cover that was visible inscription.

Here. Already painted version. Basically, not much different from the original. Photographed on a glue stick late at night in low light, so please do not quibble about the quality.

The next step was the processing of the box with soil. I used acrylic adhesive primer with mineral filler. He gives the best coupling between the layers, and also creates an interesting texture.

When I restored the box for his son, then looking for old newspapers. Also on one of the online auction has gained 2 reversal of the newspaper "Petersburg life." One turn of 1892, the second in 1894. For my purposes today went for a reversal in 1894, because he was yellow and looked older than that for 1892. The photo shows the difference.

Boca I papered with clippings sketches procession of members of the em VI of the German Society in Dresden, 14-19 July 1894. Very much I liked these pictures. I looked, shook her, and decided that I needed a skin. Well, I, like any Elijah usually nothing is thrown, and when in the village and burned the old unnecessary things, I tore myself chic leather jacket. Very old and very worn. I carefully cut it to pieces, cleaned and left until the right moment. And this moment has come.

From cardboard 2mm thickness I cut details on the shape of the bottom and lid. PVA glue to the cardboard taped skin. App. Something is missing. Cool, cool, and figured out that we need straps. While they have taken a final position was plenty of options, but I did not like either one. Then, eureka! I have gone to the familiar master and he put me in a cardboard buttons and straps. All leather parts are glued to the box with glue "Moment-crystal».

Now is the time to do interiors. I vymeryat wall, cut a thin cardboard and covered with its skin. Why did not I glued the skin directly to the metal? The skin is perfectly glued with white glue on cardboard or wood, metal need another adhesive. To face looked perfect, it is best to stick to the skin cardboard, cardboard and then "moments" sticking to the metal.

For bottoms I also use thick cardboard. I am sticking to it and pulled a thin foam skin, sticking it to the back of the cardboard. It caused the adhesive and placed on the bottom of a place.

Top view

Side view close

But the man to whom a gift is intended, in principle, does not know his history. And it was necessary to somehow tell the story.

Initially, I wanted to make a greeting card in scrapbook technique. But then changed her mind. A couple of years ago we were with a colleague in the office cabinets dismantled before repair, and found a stack of old yellowed paper. I carefully folded in her daddy. "And suddenly come in handy !?". And then came the idea to write a letter. In view of the fact that the paper was originally an old, did not have much it was aged. I just typed message, glued envelope. Then I soak all this beauty in a strong tea and fried in the oven. When I got the right color, to iron iron and fire to the edge.

And here's the result. The paper has a very nice warm aroma and a very pleasant old texture.

Posted in [mergetime] 1386134635 [/ mergetime]
I can not compliment and give gifts, though usually I prepare in advance. Most often, I can not wait the event and present them before. I'm so worried, like / do not like that a few nights before the hour X even slept poorly. Until now, shaking hamstring (such coward I).

So hopefully useful to someone my idea.

All I finished.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting