Eldar Ryazanov. Rules of life

I like everything threadbare and torn.

I have such a good memory that I remember even their pre-war number: G-69132. I remember that the Bank of crabs in the war was worth 77 cents. You go to any store - and there are some crabs; they did not buy one. What is it and where it is found - one guys are known.

I've been doing interviews with anyone - with Belmondo Claude Lellouche, Philippe Noiret, Alberto Sordi, but only when I went to Fellini, I was thinking: "I go to the king." I experienced similar feelings in 1968 or in 1969, when carried with "Mosfilm" Solzhenitsyn to his home. I felt that I had in the car is something priceless.

Only fools think about how to present yourself. This is perhaps the main thing I learned from Eisenstein.

The current political situation through it, I absolutely can not miss. I do not know what country I live, I do not know what we build. I do not understand, so to speak, for what sits Khodorkovsky and other oligarchs why not sit. I know one thing: in addition to the Russian language, we have nothing else in common. Today, I do not live in the country, and on its territory.

You did not see my "Andersen"? Are you afraid of what I've done shit? I lived the last two years for this film. Andersen - boiling water with ice and pepper jam. All were implicated. His mother - an alcoholic sister - a prostitute, his grandfather - a madman, and he - a genius. Yes, he renounced his sister and did not attend the funeral of his mother, but he's not a criminal. Let everyone will look at his background, he did not betray his mother, he did not renounce from their relatives, whether he had any cockroaches in my head.

Where there is humor - there really.

"Playing the Victim" - antipokolencheskaya thing. Maternyi investigator monologue about young people who are all not care - it's hard. I do not like the picture with the mat, but I'm in his place would say the same. I hate this ignorant tribe of boys and girls.

Russian, if you read the folklore, always wanted to get everything at once, and many, and it does not operate. Russian fairy tales - this is, unfortunately, a national idea. The mentality that, to put it mildly, does not cause liking. Most people in Russia are always there in spite of him.

The most difficult but also the most interesting and rewarding - to make a comedy about good and kind people. Moliere never wrote a comedy where the characters would act, we want to sympathize. To work in this direction, it is necessary to have such a flair and love people so as few people can. In our movies in this genre but us with Emil Braginsky none worked. Chaplin did that, but just better than us.

What touched me in the fifties, sixties, seventies and eighties - it's touch and a great number of people, the majority. Today, like me, are less and less. Fellini eighties said: "My audience is already dead." This is a terrible truth.

esquire.ru/wil/eldar-ryazanov

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting