Meeting allies, the Soviet Union and Great Britain in 1941

Hello! I'm not a great connoisseur of historical facts, within the secondary school program, plus a little bit, but let me share with you that I found interesting.

In general, I got my hands Life magazine on 26 January 1942. Where I found a lot of interesting things.

I do not know how many will be photos and text (a translation of an article to be exact, for which I did not take) - so that - let's say, when I finish, despite the long breaks between the messages on my part.

What surprised in all the magazines, the military, the time - it is quite an abundance of peaceful advertising. And that even if people are worried about gasoline that the car consumes. 25-30 miles per gallon - not bad at all!

Here I do not know that tires were the most important product, rubber.

On the left - about some actress - right - that American youth have no time to deal with garbage, and it's time to fight ... (note this - the number of January 1942)

Again advertisement.

Here are some fun facts.

It is British in Europe, captured Hitler. Groups of saboteurs, who turns out to be quite a planted in places where they were weak German garrisons, and gave it to rustle.

They. Smashed garrisons in small coastal cities ...

American actress standing in holes in the hull of one of the American ships torpedoed by the Japanese. Poster - Do not talk!

One of the black boxers voluntarily signed up for the service. The second photo funny, from the text - it is usually in the morning were training and then a dream dinner, so now have to forget about sleep.

Here's an interesting picture. This - the actress Carole Lombard. Here it is told that she died in a plane crash after a charity concert staged in order for people to buy government bonds to help the troops.

Just a couple of pictures, before the main meaning of fasting.

I never knew that the Netherlands declared war on Japan, first, in August 1941.

The result - in Indonesia were very serious fighting between Dutch and Japanese troops. Then there is the command of changing hands, but the Japanese have won. Before the victory in 1945.

But here - too interesting article about how the Dutch reflects the impact of Japan in Indonesia.

As usual - commercial break. Now, friends, pour himself a drink, and continue.

He poured.

So, I wanted to show an interesting fact, which I personally did not know, although it is currently on the five stories received.

The first meeting took place at all allies on the Elbe, and in 1941 in Iran.

I do not pretend here to some super news is, obviously, a famous historian, I was just very surprised how nonhistorians. Well, you imagine, in 1941, August 25. From what I've read - plate to the USSR at all. However, the 3 army entered Iran in order to capture it, together with the British, which manages !!! The Iranian army surrenders (and they fueled Hitler there, hence the sense of attack, plus they have oil, and VC road which on lend-lease can send the goods to the USSR, bypassing the dangerous sea route to Murmansk)

So the first meeting of the Allied forces was precisely in Iran in 1941.

It surprised me.

First Lieutenant, who met with the British. Then, in the text, he fired three rocket of green missiles to our show that he returned from England, and everything is fine. Treated with great care for each other Allies in 1941.

And now the fun part. First picture, then transfer.

I translate almost literally:

Russian bought up all the vodka in Qazvin.

Late in the evening half a dozen war correspondents announced in Qazvin (Iran is, TC). By this time the Russian has not been so suspicious, and offered a drink.

Commissars from somewhere took a bottle of Persian (Iranian - n) of vodka, which, of course, worse than the Russian.

As it turned out, in Qazvin Russian bought _vsyu_ local vodka.

Glasses were poured on an empty long table in a room with a stone floor in the hotel lobby.

Correspondents propose a toast to Stalin. Commissars and the correspondent of the newspaper Pravda, which spoke a little in English, translated.

Next, Russian offered a toast to the Churchill. Then correspondents - for Molotov. Then Russian - for Roosevelt. And then they started again - for Stalin and then for Churchill, then for Roosevelt and Molotov.

After 30 or so shots of vodka, half of the correspondents was under the table. A Russian continued to drink. ))))

- Translation complete. In our grandparents gave, right? Uhh !!! And the headquarters of Soviet forces in Tehran. This article describes how these correspondents were in Tehran and took pictures of the headquarters of the troops of the USSR, for which they were immediately to nail it here for this photo, and asked for the film, but they are there as a film changed.

I did not know that Iran during the war was generally under the control of the Soviet Union and Great Britain, however, the campaign, there was a conference with the famous photograph of Churchill, Stalin and Roosevelt.

Very interesting friends, leafing through old magazines.

Posted in [mergetime] 1343967029 [/ mergetime]
That's all I wanted to say! Good Friday everyone!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting