Uzbekistan-Mahalla people

Over the past two Tashkent changed much: prices rose a half times, forbidden to photograph the bazaars, shut down the plant, which produced my favorite beer Sarbast, I always called only Starbucks. Significantly it became more cops on the street. Every entrance to the subway grazing minimut 4 people.
Tashkent really big city. Periods of high-rise buildings in low-rise buildings go private home and all this in the city.
23 photos
author of the material

the historic center, Hast Imam grazed cranes and was praying. The last time I rushed at each dome of the mosque and pull out to capture it from all possible angles. This time I just looked at him and went to a more interesting place in the communities. The concept of Mahalla quite ancient in short, it was a kind of self-government units in the city, the community of people belonging to his mosque. Over time, especially with the advent of Soviet power, this concept was vague and now the term refers to low-rise building of private houses in the city.

Mahalla is gradually disappearing, the city begins its high-rise building, but in Tashkent still have places where you can look at ordinary people.

The walls of adobe
Channels that cut through the mahalla only at first glance seem to be abandoned, it is up to the first rain.
On the night of my departure it started to rain. In Moscow on such rainy sailing center and Shoigu hastily parachuted from a helicopter on Tverskaya, all rescues. Total fun!
I have not paid attention to nothing open livnevki knee deep. Even it was not enough at times to cope with the flood waters.
On the way to the airport the taxi driver to speed flew into the sea, and our little Matiz sailed. But we quickly dodreyfovali to the other end of the puddle, so that the oars were not needed. I managed to convince the cage that I was not in a hurry on a plane and more this evening, we did not swim.

Children and persimmon

So growing persimmons.
I personally have never seen hurmovogo tree. For me, this fruit is always extracted from the wooden boxes laid an orange piece of paper.

Here you can sign any year, even 1980 though 2012. Only the number of cars gives the correct date.

Tashkent people were left unchanged, as it is very responsive and kind people. Grandma, even in Russian does not speak much, but still called for tea to her.
In the same way, quite by accident, I was invited to his home in Bukhara. Just like that, visit

Children Mahalla.

Actually, the authorities banned the photographing in the bazaars.
What for? I do not know! Probably afraid of terrorists.
Metro festooned with posters urging vigilance. Posters mediocre in execution and injected boredom. At the sight of them, to exercise vigilance would not be desirable.

In the bazaar sellers nasvay it occupies a separate place. They trade on the sidelines of Major market.

Trader cakes.

The last time I was in Samarkand pёrsya taxi - Nexia. 3:00 and you are on the spot. The price of issue was 22 thous. Soums in my opinion. This time was tested speed train Tashkent - Samarkand. Suffice comfortable means of transportation. Price of the issue there and back about 112 thousand sums (about $ 40). Compared with the taxi - insanely expensive.
About comfort not tell me personally seasick. But this is only because the day before the trip, I fail something ate the whole evening the fan and vomit in the bathroom. From Tashkent train leaves at 8 and 10 you are in Samarkand.
Safety at railway stations more than harsh. Just remember the film Snatch, when Doug "head" and Cousin Avi tried to go to an underground boxing match, and they slow down at every corner and ask invitation. :-))
So I wanted to ask: "We are, in general, ever
would get the inside ?! »

As it turned out, Samarkand has a large Tajik diaspora, as well as before and had a great Russian.

The best time to travel in Uzbekistan is in spring and autumn.

In Samarkand Mahalla life more diverse.

Elderly man cleans foliage.

Someone sells lepeshkalar :-)

Someone rolls the children on the street and firewood.

Something even I did not go into at this time.

Sit, then, two ducks and watch the third floats.

Few patterns

A bit patterns (last)
A little bit of me personally (Rustam2000)

Remember in 1941. Where were evacuated thousands of Muscovites, and not only Muscovites. In Central Asia. And Asia has accepted them. At the very least feed-warmed. Maybe now we pay this debt.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting